Ctrdanny

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
Hey guys I tried to install my HKS fmic today and was having trouble getting the hot side pipe on the end tank with such little space I wanted to know if any of you guys had a certain way to help install that charge pipe to fmic, it’s HKS Fmic w/o charge pipes I’m using oem pipes... thanks in advance for any tips
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys I tried to install my HKS fmic today and was having trouble getting the hot side pipe on the end tank with such little space I wanted to know if any of you guys had a certain way to help install that charge pipe to fmic, it’s HKS Fmic w/o charge pipes I’m using oem pipes... thanks in advance for any tips
hey, I have the hks intercooler...but I never used my oem pipes to connect it. I did have 27won pipes on my oem intercooler, then when I went to put on the hks intercooler, the 27won pipes were too small to fit.

I of course got HKS pipes and I'm good now.

But you're having an issue getting the hot side oem tube to connect to the HKS intercooler due to space/length? or due to diameter of the oem tube?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ah, reread your post...so I removed the panel under neath to reach up and connect the pipes...I couldn't do it from reaching from the front of the intercooler (assuming that's maybe what you tried to do?)

OP
OP

Ctrdanny

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
ah, reread your post...so I removed the panel under neath to reach up and connect the pipes...I couldn't do it from reaching from the front of the intercooler (assuming that's maybe what you tried to do?)
Thank you for the help, so the diameter of the oem size charge pipe (hot side) is too small and will not fit with oem charge pipes so I took an L and have to wait until my his charge pipes arrive... I don’t know why hks doesn’t state that oem charge pipes will not work with their intercooler

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the help, so the diameter of the oem size charge pipe (hot side) is too small and will not fit with oem charge pipes so I took an L and have to wait until my his charge pipes arrive... I don’t know why hks doesn’t state that oem charge pipes will not work with their intercooler
I didn't know that either. Wish they'd state that lol

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Pulled this description from evasive's website. It sucks but it won't fit without their charge pipes.

DESCRIPTION
Does not work with factory piping (Requires HKS-13002-AH001)

Even with the stock boost levels of the Honda Civic Type R, HKS testing shows engine air intake temperature quickly rises over 90 degrees Celcius. Based on years of data gathered during research and development, HKS was able to come up with a product that matches the requirements of the Civic Type R.

Features:
- Intercooler core only. Does not come with piping.
- Newly developed 100mm wide core delivers double the volume of the stock intercooler providing outstanding cooling efficiency.
- HKS Core Size in mm: 695x178x100 vs Stock Core Size in mm: 680x143x64
- Installation does not require any serious modification. Only a rubber part that comes in contact with the intercooler requires minor modification.
- OEM Stock side tank parts made of plastic were replaced with a smooth aluminum piping layout to reduce restriction and improve air flow.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pulled this description from evasive's website. It sucks but it won't fit without their charge pipes.

DESCRIPTION
Does not work with factory piping (Requires HKS-13002-AH001)

Even with the stock boost levels of the Honda Civic Type R, HKS testing shows engine air intake temperature quickly rises over 90 degrees Celcius. Based on years of data gathered during research and development, HKS was able to come up with a product that matches the requirements of the Civic Type R.

Features:
- Intercooler core only. Does not come with piping.
- Newly developed 100mm wide core delivers double the volume of the stock intercooler providing outstanding cooling efficiency.
- HKS Core Size in mm: 695x178x100 vs Stock Core Size in mm: 680x143x64
- Installation does not require any serious modification. Only a rubber part that comes in contact with the intercooler requires minor modification.
- OEM Stock side tank parts made of plastic were replaced with a smooth aluminum piping layout to reduce restriction and improve air flow.
I got mine from kamispeed...it may have said it also, but I ordered through my phone...I probably missed that warning lol
Sponsored