Si HKS HI-POWER OR GREDDY DD-R.. I can't decide!!

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Like the title shows, I can't decide on which exhaust to get for my Si. I've seen videos online and I've tried to compare them as much as possible but it's hard when the audio editing isn't consistent in the videos. Every video sounds different. I've heard that the GReddy is louder but it's hard to tell in videos. Does anyone have any of these two installed and can chime in on their experience? I want the best sound with the least amount of drone. Crackles and Pops are a plus too.
Sponsored

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hks! Isn’t the greddy ddr pretty close to just being straight pipe? I’d imagine greddy ddr has a tone more drone. If you’re catless both probably drone anyways

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also not sure if you’ve seen the dsport video comparing exhaust on an si but they compare 10 different ones. Should be a good reference since it’s all from the same recording device etc

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Also not sure if you’ve seen the dsport video comparing exhaust on an si but they compare 10 different ones. Should be a good reference since it’s all from the same recording device etc
I haven’t seen that video! I’ll go check it out. I think I’ve made my mind up though. HKS![/QUOTE]

theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I second the hks, looks clean and sounds very solid.

Biff_Inglewood_420_69

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mazda Miata, 2016 Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen
Country flag
I had an HKS Hi-Power on my car for 3 days with stock everything else. The drone was so bad around the 3k rpm range that I went back to stock and sold it on here. Unless you're just redlining everywhere, I'd stick to stock or look elsewhere. It does sound phenomenal when you're beating the piss out of the car, but on a commute it turns the cabin into this boomy echo chamber and gave me headaches. YMMV, the guy I sold it to seemed stoked with it.

theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I had an HKS Hi-Power on my car for 3 days with stock everything else. The drone was so bad around the 3k rpm range that I went back to stock and sold it on here. Unless you're just redlining everywhere, I'd stick to stock or look elsewhere. It does sound phenomenal when you're beating the piss out of the car, but on a commute it turns the cabin into this boomy echo chamber and gave me headaches. YMMV, the guy I sold it to seemed stoked with it.
I've had the HKS for just about a year now and it didn't really bother me (all stock everything else). I will be doing a catless dp and fp soon though so we'll see what happens there. I guess this exhaust isn't for everyone.
Sponsored