HKS Hi-Power Civic SI Sedan Exhaust Anyone?

GrimSi710

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Civic Economy, 05 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
I almost got the HKS but I went with the Invidia R400 instead!

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car sounds gnarly man. How is the drone like when cruising on the freeway? Those TE37's are sick too btw.
Really bad drone at 3-3.5k. Other than that I love the boomy deep growl. 0 rasp when I downshift over 4k above.

OP
OP

BluCivicSI85

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Really bad drone at 3-3.5k. Other than that I love the boomy deep growl. 0 rasp when I downshift over 4k above.
Did you ever have the car without the dp/fp installed and just the hks exhaust on? Wanted to know how the drone would be at freeway cruising speed with just the HKS exhaust, as this is my favorite aftermarket exhaust so far and i wont be doing at fp/dp.

Nate13

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Ducati Monster 696, 1975 Honda 400-4 Super Sport
Country flag
Did you ever have the car without the dp/fp installed and just the hks exhaust on? Wanted to know how the drone would be at freeway cruising speed with just the HKS exhaust, as this is my favorite aftermarket exhaust so far and i wont be doing at fp/dp.
Seconded*

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
I have the hks exhaust with the map downpipe and front pipe and it sounds amazing

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I installed the aFe Takeda 3" to 2-1/2" Stainless steel Cat-back Exhaust with Blue-Flame tips. Definitely a little louder than stock, some drone when letting off the gas, but a muffler guy I know installed a Glasspack and now it is quieter than stock ($50 installed). No performance loss from the glasspack, just a quieter ride

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS Hi-Power Civic SI Sedan Exhaust Anyone? MVIMG_20190421_120704

OP
OP

BluCivicSI85

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I installed the aFe Takeda 3" to 2-1/2" Stainless steel Cat-back Exhaust with Blue-Flame tips. Definitely a little louder than stock, some drone when letting off the gas, but a muffler guy I know installed a Glasspack and now it is quieter than stock ($50 installed). No performance loss from the glasspack, just a quieter ride

thats an interesting option! don't know if i want quieter than stock though. Somewhere between stock and kinda loud/sounds cool but not too loud ahahah is what im aiming for.

OP
OP

BluCivicSI85

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

MVIMG_20190421_120704.jpg
thats an interesting option! not sure if i want quieter than stock though. Somewhere between stock and sounds a bit louder/cool but not too loud is what im aiming for ahaha

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
thats an interesting option! not sure if i want quieter than stock though. Somewhere between stock and sounds a bit louder/cool but not too loud is what im aiming for ahaha
I definitely like things more quiet, especially at freeway speeds. I don't mind some growl when accelerating hard in the higher rpm range though. Now I have the best of both worlds. quiet (as quiet as a Civic can get) when driving normal and some aggressive growl when going hard. If you happen to know or find a good muffler guy, they can do wonders. My mechanic referred me to a muffler guy he uses, the guy has this dinky shop in the middle of what looks like an apocalypse, he lives in this shop, he almost looks homeless, but is a master of exhaust (been doing exhausts since the 70's). Like finding gold in a junkyard...literally!

OP
OP

BluCivicSI85

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I definitely like things more quiet, especially at freeway speeds. I don't mind some growl when accelerating hard in the higher rpm range though. Now I have the best of both worlds. quiet (as quiet as a Civic can get) when driving normal and some aggressive growl when going hard. If you happen to know or find a good muffler guy, they can do wonders. My mechanic referred me to a muffler guy he uses, the guy has this dinky shop in the middle of what looks like an apocalypse, he lives in this shop, he almost looks homeless, but is a master of exhaust (been doing exhausts since the 70's). Like finding gold in a junkyard...literally!

I live in Oakland so good to know! thanks for the heads up.
Sponsored