First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Sorry man. I only have had mine tuned. Easier that way imo
It's frustrating that this kit would cause so many issues when the manufacturer themselves supply the AFR that claims to eliminate any CEL.
Sponsored

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
The AFR fixed the problem for me. You cleared the old codes and its still throwing the same cels?

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
The AFR fixed the problem for me. You cleared the old codes and its still throwing the same cels?
It won't let me clear the codes. I've tried two different scanners.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
It won't let me clear the codes. I've tried two different scanners.
@rallyered225 Are you getting a surging idle? Did you install the AFR off the bat or go back in and install it after the initial issues (thats what I wound up doing)? Maybe disconnect the battery overnight and in the morning drive it around for a while and see if the ecu will relearn and clear on it's own. The AFR *should* be converting the maf voltage down to where the car won't freak out.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
@rallyered225 Are you getting a surging idle? Did you install the AFR off the bat or go back in and install it after the initial issues (thats what I wound up doing)? Maybe disconnect the battery overnight and in the morning drive it around for a while and see if the ecu will relearn and clear on it's own. The AFR *should* be converting the maf voltage down to where the car won't freak out.
No idle surge. I installed it right off the bat. I might try that. But the fact that I'm getting an EVAP code worries me. I've checked all the connections from where purge hose goes into the T-fitting and everything seems tight.

_my.ko

First Name
myko
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have a solution yet for this?

I also have the intake w/afr

CEL + Rev Match + Emissions issues

Already cleared codes with a scanner and disconnected battery, drove the car, still has the issues

Also reinstalled and checked all fittings and areas for leaks. There's nothing.

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
Anyone have a solution yet for this?

I also have the intake w/afr

CEL + Rev Match + Emissions issues

Already cleared codes with a scanner and disconnected battery, drove the car, still has the issues

Also reinstalled and checked all fittings and areas for leaks. There's nothing.
I’ve had mine on for probably a year and a half. Zero issues. I’ve run it with a stock tune and currently running a Hondata base map. Car runs great. I have the full intake with afr also.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hks full intake kit with AFR ... system too rich IMG_0749

_my.ko

First Name
myko
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had mine on for probably a year and a half. Zero issues. I’ve run it with a stock tune and currently running a Hondata base map. Car runs great. I have the full intake with afr also.

IMG_0749.jpeg
you're very fortunate..
i installed mine and took my time with it and still have the issues

any chance you can say your procedure? such as having the battery off before installation, or did you drive it many miles to have the ecu learn the new intake..or how long did the lights stay on [if they did at all] etc....

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
you're very fortunate..
i installed mine and took my time with it and still have the issues

any chance you can say your procedure? such as having the battery off before installation, or did you drive it many miles to have the ecu learn the new intake..or how long did the lights stay on [if they did at all] etc....
I shut the car off, removed the stock intake, and installed the HKS. Fired the car up and haven’t had a problem. Sometimes I wonder if that afr module is problematic for some people because I’ve never even disconnected my original battery from 2019 and I pass emission tests every year too.

_my.ko

First Name
myko
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I shut the car off, removed the stock intake, and installed the HKS. Fired the car up and haven’t had a problem. Sometimes I wonder if that afr module is problematic for some people because I’ve never even disconnected my original battery from 2019 and I pass emission tests every year too.
wow..

so for me, I didn't disconnect

I followed all other instructions though 500%

i was told installing without disconnecting shouldn't be such a problem. the CEL, emissions, and Rev match issues still came up even after I cleared codes or disconnected the battery.

what do you think I should do...? anybody have suggestions?

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
wow..

so for me, I didn't disconnect

I followed all other instructions though 500%

i was told installing without disconnecting shouldn't be such a problem. the CEL, emissions, and Rev match issues still came up even after I cleared codes or disconnected the battery.

what do you think I should do...? anybody have suggestions?
I work on cars for a living. All I can think of is that the AFR module is no good or that the pins on the connectors have a loose contact. Outside of that, make sure the MAF sensor is installed flush on the intake tube with no air leaks. I really wish I knew what the issue was with this intake because it seems like several people have had it.

_my.ko

First Name
myko
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I work on cars for a living. All I can think of is that the AFR module is no good or that the pins on the connectors have a loose contact. Outside of that, make sure the MAF sensor is installed flush on the intake tube with no air leaks. I really wish I knew what the issue was with this intake because it seems like several people have had it.
good to know thank you for your reply

Everything is perfect connections are perfect

afr light is on when the car is on

if I knew the afr wasn't working properly I could get a replacement for free.. but I don't know what the real issue is

Everything you said to do, I have already done and nothing seemed odd.. hmm..
Sponsored