HKS Exhaust R&D: Civic Type R FK8

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Think Spec L will drone? like the look of it
I am curious about this as well. Debating swapping my Greddy Tri Tip (too much drone) for the HKS Hi-Power Spec-L. Anyone on here have the Spec-L and could provide some feedback?
Sponsored

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
^ I think most people just go for the Legamax. The Spec-L canister design doesn't look nice imo.

gt_fk8

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hi:wave: that's my car. No drone at all. If you've ever had a hi power before, you know they don't drone. Tame sports sound when you want it. Race like sound when you :vtec:
Love your car and exhaust! More like a daily driver exhaust would you say?

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Hi:wave: that's my car. No drone at all. If you've ever had a hi power before, you know they don't drone. Tame sports sound when you want it. Race like sound when you :vtec:
I just sold my GReddy and swapped to this one, could not be happier. ZERO drone. I do wish it was a bit louder overall, but so happy to get rid of the drone im OK with it. I think if I put on the HKS Catless DP one day the volume will be absolutely perfect. Plus it looks amazing, fantastic quality product. I really wanted to keep the 3 tip look, but after seeing this on my car in person, im not going back :)

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
Did the hks hi power come with a front pipe? Or are you using stock fp

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
Love your car and exhaust! More like a daily driver exhaust would you say?
Exactly what I would say. With the windows down and nothing but you driving the car the exhaust is plenty loud. I got lots of compliments on the exhaust note at the track. Something civics rarely get complimented on

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: As the Legamax mufflers start to collect carbon, it is definitely getting a bit louder. Still on the quiet side from some of the other exhausts I've heard, but just right for me.

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
I just started following this thread. I actually have the L-Spec sitting in the box waiting to be installed. One thing I’ve noticed here, no one seems to be talking about the weight reduction. It’s the main reason why I bought it. It may sound a bit Honda Fan Boyish but I thought weight reduction and added power is what we are all about. Add power, add power, reduce weight....find more ways to reduce weight.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those with the legamax, everything just installed with no modifications needed, right? That’s what the shop asked me and I was like “uhhhh I think so” but just wanted to make sure cause I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger lol. I don’t know anything about exhausts so I’m hoping this is just a swap and be done with it with no things like CEL or not passing emissions testing.
Sponsored