HKS Cold Air Intake System

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Im waiting for PRL Stage 2 Cai and other company can’t say the name.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Whoa, for that much money, it better add more HP than the more affordable kits available. Bling factor.....

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whoa, for that much money, it better add more HP than the more affordable kits available. Bling factor.....
I don't think any of them really add any power. PRL claims theirs does, which I kind of believe since that hose doesn't taper down. aFe's also has a good pipe/hose like PRLs, so maybe that has the same gains. I noticed that the ever so expensive Eventuri still utilizes a tapered down hose/pipe...making me think there is zero gain from the eventuri

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I just replaced my Mishi with the Eventuri and it is absolute worth the $$$. The car is a lot more "willing" to go, and snappier torque from stop light. This HKS intake should behave the same, as it is the same design concept.

OP
OP

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I don't think any of them really add any power. PRL claims theirs does, which I kind of believe since that hose doesn't taper down. aFe's also has a good pipe/hose like PRLs, so maybe that has the same gains. I noticed that the ever so expensive Eventuri still utilizes a tapered down hose/pipe...making me think there is zero gain from the eventuri
Depending on what dynos you want to believe but Eventuri has multiple on their site showing gains. The dynos are from MSL Birmingham UK, Master Tuning Asia - Hong Kong, BR Performance - Belgium.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
my question regarding power gain with intake is this.
How can you really test the gains on the intake if the ecu has no way of making the ign timing, boost, etc a constant between the tests since its torque based?

the eventuri i'd think has the best gains because it has the capability to get more air flow which would result in lower IATs.

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Why people continue to spend over 1000 dollars for an intake is beyond me. I bought the PRL tube on sale for 80 dollars and K &N filter for 50 dollars and im done. Anything else is a waste of time and money.
Sponsored