First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R # 00054
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its been two weeks since ive installed my HKS intake and used the hondata tune with Eventri base map. Two weeks running fine now I get a CEL code P0101 Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. Tried reseting ECU and then test drove it. about 30min after drive the code comes up again. Ideas?? Which base map did you guys use?
Sponsored

OP
OP

thaiphob25

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R # 00054
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes it's the one with the CF box. I'm not sure what could have changed over 2 weeks

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS Cold Air Intake Full Kit w/o AFR + Hondata 20190724_213343

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
You could disable that code in the option when after you choose a new tune.

typerui

First Name
chin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Its been two weeks since ive installed my HKS intake and used the hondata tune with Eventri base map. Two weeks running fine now I get a CEL code P0101 Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. Tried reseting ECU and then test drove it. about 30min after drive the code comes up again. Ideas?? Which base map did you guys use?
you going to need a custom map, the MAF housing is different from all the other intake on the market.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
well the maf table i'm sure is not the same as eventuri so i'm not surprised it pulled a code. Why did it take two weeks? i have no idea.

I don't think hondata has a maf calibration out for the hks so your gonna have to calibrate it yourself or wait till they release it.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Larger intake tube throws the maf readings
The maf tables needs to be adjusted to correct it
You need to get the car tuned

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you ever get this fixed? I’m dealing with a similar issue. But mine only turns on when I’m cruising on the freeway. So after about 5-10 min of keeping ~60-70 mph it turns on.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Make sure you check under the mod list. “Remove p0101 and p0103 error” and you should be good. Also the eventuri intake was designed different than the hks. I dont think you are gaining anything by selecting the eventuri intake mod.

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Make sure you check under the mod list. “Remove p0101 and p0103 error” and you should be good. Also the eventuri intake was designed different than the hks. I dont think you are gaining anything by selecting the eventuri intake mod.
do you know if that option is also available for ktuner?

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I never had that issue on ktuner. Only when I switched to Flashpro.

OP
OP

thaiphob25

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R # 00054
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was selecting P0101 and P0103 but for some reason it wasnt mapping over. so i ununstalled flashpro software and reinstalled it with the updates and BOOM CEL gone

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I was selecting P0101 and P0103 but for some reason it wasnt mapping over. so i ununstalled flashpro software and reinstalled it with the updates and BOOM CEL gone
Good to hear man.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if you ever got your issue fixed but kineticautoworks may be something to look into...they do remote tuning also

My hks intake is great zero problems... given only a day of ownership though
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...take-intercooler-and-pipes-398tq-383hp.49549/

https://instagram.com/kineticautoworks?igshid=d05nrg64yopi

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
update for my situation in case someone in the future runs into this problem and is looking for a thread with info. lol.
was running the ktuner and the program wasnt being friendly with my tuner. whenever he would mess with scaling it wouldnt cooperate. i switched over to hondata to we could just delete the code like previous post stated, but my tuner wasnt comfortable with that bandaid fix. he sat there for about an hour ensuring all the tables looked good. i guess the issue was that volts were spiking after some cruising which he wanted to fix. at the end of the tune we was able to fix the cruising issue and tuned the car properly. no CELs since.
Sponsored