tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
update for my situation in case someone in the future runs into this problem and is looking for a thread with info. lol.
was running the ktuner and the program wasnt being friendly with my tuner. whenever he would mess with scaling it wouldnt cooperate. i switched over to hondata to we could just delete the code like previous post stated, but my tuner wasnt comfortable with that bandaid fix. he sat there for about an hour ensuring all the tables looked good. i guess the issue was that volts were spiking after some cruising which he wanted to fix. at the end of the tune we was able to fix the cruising issue and tuned the car properly. no CELs since.
Honestly probably worse than a bandaid fix :p That’s like the equivalent of putting tape over your check engine light and pretending it’s not on :p I’m glad you figured out the issue though and got everything straightened out :)
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
update for my situation in case someone in the future runs into this problem and is looking for a thread with info. lol.
was running the ktuner and the program wasnt being friendly with my tuner. whenever he would mess with scaling it wouldnt cooperate. i switched over to hondata to we could just delete the code like previous post stated, but my tuner wasnt comfortable with that bandaid fix. he sat there for about an hour ensuring all the tables looked good. i guess the issue was that volts were spiking after some cruising which he wanted to fix. at the end of the tune we was able to fix the cruising issue and tuned the car properly. no CELs since.
Same here, tuned with flashpro

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly probably worse than a bandaid fix :p That’s like the equivalent of putting tape over your check engine light and pretending it’s not on :p I’m glad you figured out the issue though and got everything straightened out :)
same here. it was annoying knowing i paid so much for the intake and couldnt even drive the car comfortably haha

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Lol first thing I did was get mine tuned by kineticautoworks.com
@mikethetuner
it took me a while to get it running properly only because my tuner didnt want to give up on ktuner lol. but then i got the hondata and it was all better
Sponsored