First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
  • Banned
Hey everyone, currently running the hks intake with full bolt ons. Sounds and looks amazing, but I was wondering how I could run the PRL Race MAF / inlet instead of the HKS inlet pipe. The HKS heat soaks really easy and is a sort of bad design.
Sponsored

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Are you tuned with Hondata not running the AFR? No codes?

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
Wrap the intake pipe

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Yeah tuned with hondata and no codes i see your post before about you throwing codes your the only one I’ve seen throw codes
Interesting. I may revisit this intake in the future.

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You should, I'm show over function and PRL looks like trash. Functions amazing obviously.
Since you asked for input I'd leave what you have if it's not about function—If function is not the priority than the heatsoak should not be na issue. Why move to a race maf? I'm guessing you maxed out the MAF on the HKS... and have plenty of room left in your fuel system to accompany more air... Got it. The PRL Race Maf and Silicone tubing isn't designed to link up to the HKS box without modification. Playing with fire trying to do this all to keep the carbon fiber HKS box.

OP
OP
typearghhhh

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Since you asked for input I'd leave what you have if it's not about function—If function is not the priority than the heatsoak should not be na issue. Why move to a race maf? I'm guessing you maxed out the MAF on the HKS... and have plenty of room left in your fuel system to accompany more air... Got it. The PRL Race Maf and Silicone tubing isn't designed to link up to the HKS box without modification. Playing with fire trying to do this all to keep the carbon fiber HKS box.
yeah, its maxed out. started heatsoaking during dyno session. still got good power but i want to squeeze whatever i can. i wouldn't mind getting custom tubing made. i like the eventuri as a carbon option aswell though

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
You should, I'm show over function and PRL looks like trash. Functions amazing obviously.
I'm the opposite. I'd rather see better performance numbers and reliability. I'm ok with how the PRL setup looks. Especially since I just ordered their turbo inlet and race MAF conversion kit.
Sponsored