hmongkilla1

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si
Country flag
I want to try and hit 300 hp without using e85. Whats the best route up to 300 hp? I'm bolt on already. If not 300 then close to 300. Is the smaller drop in turbo better then a bigger turbo since I'm not trying to spend so much?
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Do you have an SI or one of the other base trims?

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
You want to ask this in the Si forum not the regular Civic forum.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Big turbo if not on E. 27won W2 should be close as a direct bolt on. PRL kit is more expensive and takes more to install. RV6 should make similar numbers but is still in beta testing. Price wise it's PRL, 27won, RV6 (proposed price)

Small turbo swap is in the 260-290 range depending on fuel, dyno, weather, elevation, etc...

Last edited:

magshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
The 27won W2 turbo + FBO shows ~300HP in their dyno graph

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nice to see someone more realistic and not asking for 400hp right from the start.

Downpipe + Frontpipes, Intercooler, new clutch(so you don slip), Cold air intake, with a good tune should have it around 300hp without a full turbo upgrade. Even just with a basic stage 1 tune on a stock car would have about 250hp, so good chance you might go over 300

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice to see someone more realistic and not asking for 400hp right from the start.

Downpipe + Frontpipes, Intercooler, new clutch(so you don slip), Cold air intake, with a good tune should have it around 300hp without a full turbo upgrade. Even just with a basic stage 1 tune on a stock car would have about 250hp, so good chance you might go over 300

That's EXTREMELY optimistic

Last edited:

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Can I be "that guy" and say buy a type r its cheaper? Then a tune and your over 350hp which is cheapest option. Or spend type r money on mods to squeeze the power from the 1.5 without building the block. Just my opinion because I traded for the R. Lol

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Absolutely no chance on that.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you go FBO with a W1 and meth injection it should get you close, that's my target as I have no flex fuel. Undecided if I'll add power with meth or just use it as an anti-knock/cooling agent and settle for like 280-ish.

If you're set on 300 and don't want meth then get a 27WON W2, but be warned your low-end response is gonna be pretty lame without a built block and/or ethanol.

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Absolutely no chance on that.
We talking about 300hp, not 300whp right. Then it's about 270 or 280whp. A local tuner have done that with what I mentioned. I saw the chart myself with whp peaked around 270+ something, so...Don't ask me, i'm no tuner.

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can I be "that guy" and say buy a type r its cheaper? Then a tune and your over 350hp which is cheapest option. Or spend type r money on mods to squeeze the power from the 1.5 without building the block. Just my opinion because I traded for the R. Lol
Hahah, I was waiting to see someone come in with this. But, it does depend on the trade in. I traded my Si for a new 2020 Type R, and because the Si was quite new, I lost quite a bit for the trade in, plus the stuff I added to my Si. The difference was more than enough to get FBO for the Si with a built engine. But doing so much to a car is never really "reliable" to me, So I went the safer, but more costly route....

OP
OP

hmongkilla1

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si
Country flag
Thanks yall, idk why i wasnt getting any notifications and it keeps bugging out on my phone. I planned to do the w2 route and have that as my baby to just drive on nice cruise and meets.
Sponsored