• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hitch Not Opening from Fob or Button

IntegraGuy1751

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Has anyone else had any issues with their hitch not opening? I opened it one day in my garage, but once I got to work it would not open again. I thought maybe it froze shit with how cold its been here (-30c last week), so I took it to a car wash to warm up and soaked it but still nothing.

When I press the button on the outside nothing happens. It almost feels like the button does not even go in. When I press the fob, the lights blink twice. In both scenerios, it does not sound like the latch releases or anything.

I tried to figure out the manual release on the inside of the hitch from the manual, but couldn't get it to work and didn't want to risk damaging it further.

Any suggestions?

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec Tech CVT, White/Red
When you've tried opening it with the button on the car, was your fob right next to your phone in your pocket? If I try to open any door or the hatch with the fob near my phone, it won't work. There's some kind of interference that happens with them together. And afterward, I have to separate them quite a bit before the car will recognize the fob and unlock - either by pressing the unlock button from the fob, pressing the hatch button, or touching the inside of the handle.

This has also happened, albeit intermittently, when my fob was in my bookbag and my metal contigo coffee thermos was in another pocket but close enough to the fob.

As frustrating as this can be, I have to believe this is a security feature to prevent repeaters from being able to unlock the vehicle.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
The fob button will not actuate the hatch. It allows the hatch to be unlocked, without the key being close.

The scenario for using the fob button is if you want to unlock the hatch from a distance for someone else to open.

Last edited:

solman

First Name
Sol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASPEC 6MT TECH, 2011 Ford F250
Most likely the push button on the hatch itself is frozen. The telltale sign is that the button does not actually depress when you push it. I had this same problem and the dealer changed the button assembly on the hatch. The key fob unlocks the lock so that you can open the hatch by pressing the button on the hatch. It does not open the hatch by design. Not really sure why they set it up this way. Doesn't serve any real purpose.

OP
OP

IntegraGuy1751

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Most likely the push button on the hatch itself is frozen. The telltale sign is that the button does not actually depress when you push it. I had this same problem and the dealer changed the button assembly on the hatch. The key fob unlocks the lock so that you can open the hatch by pressing the button on the hatch. It does not open the hatch by design. Not really sure why they set it up this way. Doesn't serve any real purpose.
Looks like this was the case. Button was frozen in. Just dropped it off at the dealership. Hopefully this isn't a reoccurring problem

solman

First Name
Sol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASPEC 6MT TECH, 2011 Ford F250
I have not seen the problem reappear since the part was changed out