Hit by water bottle yesterday,....anything I can do about this?

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
So I know I’m more anal about my car than the average person, and most wouldn’t be upset about this. But a water bottle was kicked up by the car in front of me and smacked the nose of my car. Obviously it could have been much worse if it hit metal. You can’t even see anything looking at hit straight on, no scratches at all. But looking at an angle you can see a crease in the plastic. It is a little worse than what the pic shows in the right light. I just turned 3000 miles on it. Man, this is the only thing I’m ocd about in my life.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hit by water bottle yesterday,....anything I can do about this? 85287D75-4625-4061-9986-5BE7E2CC4523
Sponsored

OP
OP
stevessvt

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:crazy:.

I had to look twice to see what you were talking about
I know. Like I said, I believe 99% of people would shrug it off. I’d try and scratch x it a little, but I have a history of making things worse, lol.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I know. Like I said, I believe 99% of people would shrug it off. I’d try and scratch x it a little, but I have a history of making things worse, lol.
i feel you. I just wouldn't have even looked that closely.

Joerodd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ramona 2020 Si Sedan Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Live with it until you can replace the plastic. I'm sure someone on here can find the part number for that piece and you can probably order it painted.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Just take it somewhere that does paint correction, and ask if they can just work on that one piece. It’s a quick fix, you’ll need a DA polisher and it should remove the marks in like 5min. Try chemical guys scratch and swirl remover. If your doing it by hand I recommend using a more aggressive compound to speed it up otherwise you’ll be rubbing it in for a hour lol

OP
OP
stevessvt

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just take it somewhere that does paint correction, and ask if they can just work on that one piece. It’s a quick fix, you’ll need a DA polisher and it should remove the marks in like 5min. Try chemical guys scratch and swirl remover. If your doing it by hand I recommend using a more aggressive compound to speed it up otherwise you’ll be rubbing it in for a hour lol
I’m not sure it can be polished out,...it’s an actual indentation in the plastic. I thought about replacing it, but from all I can find that only comes as part of the bumper cover.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m not sure it can be polished out,...it’s an actual indentation in the plastic. I thought about replacing it, but from all I can find that only comes as part of the bumper cover.
Oh lol I was looking as something wrong then ?, but that part is part of the bumper so it’s plastic. Heat it up and pop it out

OP
OP
stevessvt

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh lol I was looking as something wrong then ?, but that part is part of the bumper so it’s plastic. Heat it up and pop it out
Really? What with just a hair dryer? Should it come out on it’s own or do I have to work it somehow?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You’ll probably have to pull off the bumper and apply some pressure from the back side so it will need some work. If it was metal it would be easier, as all you would have to do is heat it up an chill it out and the temperature difference usually pops it out, you can try it, but highly doubt it will work on plastic. More than likely you’ll need to heat it up and apply outward pressure from the back side

OP
OP
stevessvt

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think it’s turning in to a “ignore it until I forget about it” type of situation, lol.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
That plastic will have some taste from rock chips and bugs. Leave it and let it go as long as it cracks or breaks

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I know I’m more anal about my car than the average person, and most wouldn’t be upset about this. But a water bottle was kicked up by the car in front of me and smacked the nose of my car. Obviously it could have been much worse if it hit metal. You can’t even see anything looking at hit straight on, no scratches at all. But looking at an angle you can see a crease in the plastic. It is a little worse than what the pic shows in the right light. I just turned 3000 miles on it. Man, this is the only thing I’m ocd about in my life.

85287D75-4625-4061-9986-5BE7E2CC4523.jpeg
You need to find something else to obsess about.
Stevie Wonder would be happy to see it.