• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hit a Deer :(

wolfeman007

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A Spec, Tech, 6MT, 2019 Tundra 4x4
I hit a frickin deer last monday night, going about 45MPH and he went up and over the back of the car....was less than a mile from the house and other than error messages it was still running so I just kicked it home and hoped it wasn't too bad...Left the next morning for Thanksgiving trip in my truck....got back saturday and figured I should take it for a spin and see whats up...same Brake System Error and Low Speed Brake and parking sensor warnings but runs great...got back to my garage and see what I suspect is couple drops of blue coolant on the garage floor, I dont see any obvious holes in the front of the radiator but its def got several little knicks where the grill exploded..I unclipped the sensor wire harness you can see in the pic to keep it from swinging around..cant pop the hood to see anything as its all jammed up and I didnt want to screw with it and end up not being able to drive to body shop..

I have an appointment with Body Shop tomorrow am and am super bummed because I feel like its going to take forever to get replacement parts...love the car and breaks my heart to see her nose all punched in @1200miles... :(
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Bummer, are you allowed to keep it and put those tasty steaks in the freezer?

OP
OP

wolfeman007

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A Spec, Tech, 6MT, 2019 Tundra 4x4
Bummer, are you allowed to keep it and put those tasty steaks in the freezer?
I did read after the fact that in NC you are allowed to harvest it if you hit it...my neighbor went the next day and cut off the antlers for his dogs...

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
I did read after the fact that in NC you are allowed to harvest it if you hit it...my neighbor went the next day and cut off the antlers for his dogs...
that's cool they allow you to do that

Hope the car gets fixed quickly!

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Ah man that sucks. Hope the parts come quickly. Coincidentally I saw one yesterday evening, just a few feet from the road. Lower speed but I was all “don’t you dare…”.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
man that sucks, new car trashed, hopefully it will get fixed good & you'll never
know it happened, i got lucky a couple of years ago, i saw the deer & slowed down enough

First Name
Johnny B
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra (tech/A-spec/6-speed)
yes, sorry about the deer.
a deer is why I'm in an integra. totaled my 2 liter turbo accord (6-speed)
fun facts....evaluation stopped when damage estimate went beyond $24K. no airbags deployed thankfully. car was
drivable peering over the hood damage. car also leaked transmission fluid and engine oil in my driveway before going on flatbed.
anytime you're thinking about buying a car that didn't have the airbags deploy, think of this one.........

accord damage.jpg

CB750 rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 06 Five-Hundred, 2011 Express
That's nice that NC does that. I believe that Ohio requires that you have a tag.