HiRevSports Hatchback tail lights issue.

fahmzhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6spd
Country flag
So I got the HiRevSports tail lights, install was great no issues at all until now. I had to disconnect the battery to install something else (turbo related). The battery was disconnected for about a day. After reconnecting the battery, the animation doesn’t work when the tail lights turn on. Any ideas as to what this could be? I was having some issues with my auto lights not turning on when unlocking the car but that seems to have fixed itself now.

Here’s a vid of how it should be:

And here is a vid of what’s happening now:

Please let me know if you guys have any insight as to what this issue could be & yes I did disconnect & reconnect the lights.
Sponsored

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
The power ON animation is triggered by the front headlights. If the headlights feature is set to ON, the animation will trigger when you unlock the car. If the headlights feature is set to OFF, the animation will not trigger when you unlock the car.

Coincidentally you had an issue with the auto headlights? That seems like a good place to start with troubleshooting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fahmzhatch

fahmzhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The power ON animation is triggered by the front headlights. If the headlights feature is set to ON, the animation will trigger when you unlock the car. If the headlights feature is set to OFF, the animation will not trigger when you unlock the car.

Coincidentally you had an issue with the auto headlights? That seems like a good place to start with troubleshooting.
Yeah it’s strange, my lights wouldn’t turn on at night when unlocking the car even though they were set to auto.

I’m heading to the dealer tomorrow, fingers crossed they don’t just tell me it’s because of my tail lights lol. Will post updates.

OP
OP
fahmzhatch

fahmzhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update:

HiRev supplied me with instructions on how to reset the taillights & it worked! The animation has returned!

Here are the troubleshooting steps to turn on the animation.

Make sure your headlights are completely OFF

Turn on Ignition
Press and hold brakes
Turn ON OFF headlights 4 times
Wait 5 seconds
Release brakes

This will enable this animation.
Sponsored