Hikari LED on a car that uses the same bulb for low+high beam?

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys, need a little help regarding headlight bulbs. I just bought some H4 Hikari's from Prime day for my girlfriend's 2016 Beetle. I figure it should just be a direct swap but after watching a video of how to change the headlight bulb for her car, it looks like the same bulb is used for both the low beam and high beam.

Should the Hikari's still be okay to use on her car? Not sure power-wise if this could somehow harm the led. Figure I'll try it anyways but curious if anyone has had any similar experiences.

These were the one's I grabbed: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...n_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, need a little help regarding headlight bulbs. I just bought some H4 Hikari's from Prime day for my girlfriend's 2016 Beetle. I figure it should just be a direct swap but after watching a video of how to change the headlight bulb for her car, it looks like the same bulb is used for both the low beam and high beam.

Should the Hikari's still be okay to use on her car? Not sure power-wise if this could somehow harm the led. Figure I'll try it anyways but curious if anyone has had any similar experiences.

These were the one's I grabbed: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...n_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews
9003/H4 bulbs have 3 prongs: low beam+, high beam+, and common-.

Assuming the 9003/H4 Hikaris have 3 prongs, then they would be designed for low+high beam use and you should be good.

OP
OP
RGBee

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Sweet? should be good then. Review pics for the bulbs show the 3 prongs. Thank you!
Sponsored