Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Over the 21 years I've been driving I've never had a car that gets blown around by wind so much on the highway. The slightest crosswind makes it feel squirrelly. I'm pretty sure my dad's old ford explorer was more stable high speeds with wind. Anybody else feel this way?

I've noticed this since Ive owned the car, I was hoping when I installed the eibachs it would help but it really didn't.

I just took an hour drive to visit my brother and it was a windy day, that's what sparked this random rant.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've always driven small cars and live in a windy area. And yeah my car definitely gets pushed around on a windy day on the highway. But honestly, no more than other cars I've owned.

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Happens to me all the time. I think it was worse in my Prius. Maybe we should eat more and pack up some pounds to keep it planted. I also think the faster you’re going the more the wind will push you around.

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I've had similar experiences in my Camry, A3, family's Accord, GTI. I assumed it was normal for small cars. I didn't feel it in my HR-V, or my family's RDX.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've had a 03 saab 9.3 and a 99 camaro ss. I guess this car is much lighter, so it makes sense.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Has car been like that for its entire life? If not might check your alignment; or rear suspension if you're over 50k miles.
It's been like that the entire time, I'm at 15000 miles. The first time I felt it I thought it was alignment but then realized it happens when it's windy.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you think a 10th gen Civic gets blown around on the highway when it's windy...

I had an '84 CRX that weighed in at a whopping 1800 pounds. I'm surprised a gust of wind didn't send it airborne. ;)

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
It’s a light car.

Heavy, low, aerodynamic is the combination you want if you don’t want to get pushed around.

Never driven one, but I’d imagine a Tesla slices through heavy wind like a knife.

I’ve driven some gnarly pickup truck and trailer combos that were some bhole clinchers in the wind as well.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Over the 21 years I've been driving I've never had a car that gets blown around by wind so much on the highway. The slightest crosswind makes it feel squirrelly. I'm pretty sure my dad's old ford explorer was more stable high speeds with wind. Anybody else feel this way?

I've noticed this since Ive owned the car, I was hoping when I installed the eibachs it would help but it really didn't.

I just took an hour drive to visit my brother and it was a windy day, that's what sparked this random rant.
ive noticed this as well buuuuuut my truck is over 100times worse! no sway bar and lifted i sway all over the place lmao

if its windy out i gotta stay in the far right or left i cant be in the middle lane with that thing or i might be blown into someone and i dont think the other person would believe me if i said the wind did it lmao
Sponsored