Highest mileage to date with 10th gen Si's?

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
No offense to anyone, but this just goes to show if I were in the used market I would worry more about buying a gently used Si with far spread maintenance intervals and cost- cutting / reducing measures than a modified one that's well ahead on every single maintenance item...

Just my 2c from experience because I sold my mildly modified 04 Volvo S60 R for more than I bought it for after 3 years (2012 - 2015) of ownership simply because I had an online track record, and forum folks vouching for the car and myself as credible. It sold for $3.5K more than any other S60 R asking price province-wide; didn't have anything special going for it either other than how I maintained it and documented it...wasn't a low miler with shy of 130k miles, was the first year of production which was looked down on typically, and was a common / basic spec that many were produced in.

EDIT: If anyone thinks I'm being a bit rash, see that I'm coming from a perspective that just because you can survive without water for 3 days doesn't mean you should only drink water every 3 days because it saves you money on your utilities bill / buying water bottles. You are responsible for protecting your own, your passengers, and other motorists lives in a 3,000lbs metal cage going at 55+ mph typically... yet some are choosing to inch out every bit of life out of the most important components (brakes, tires, and engine oil). Sorry, and I typically don't swear here but F THAT, your penny pinching is dangerous and not acceptable because you're NOT just endangering yourself by doing that. Effing unbelievable that some are proud to make components last that long...

I'm not saying that everyone needs to drop thousands on a full blown build, but a few hundred for decent tires (new or used), and new brake pads sub-$50 a set is doable for everyone the moment either of the items are below recommended wear. We all know money is tight right now for the world, but no one has in the last 3 weeks since Covid arrived done 100k miles at 33k/miles weekly, so this isn't new these are old habits that you should stop.

Rant End. Have a Good Day, stay safe and healthy during these times :)
Agree. Although it is very possible to get more than the recommended life out of parts. In my case i did oil changes every 3-4 weeks or when the light came on. This included a full inspection from the dealership. Everything they said that needed to be changed was changed on the spot. All recommended services were done at the mileage intervals. (Plugs, coolant flush etc)

My Brake pads are still the factory ones that came with the car and they are fine according to the dealership. Tires were "worn" but still fell within safe standards. As long as you are driving highway and not beating the shit out of your car you can make things last a lot longer than intended. I honestly dont care about saving money or penny pinching. That has never been my mindset. But if its not broke dont fix it as long as it falls within safe standards.

I think it depends on the situation when buying a car. I would never buy someone else's project but thats just me. You make a good point with saying the modified one with spot on maintenance records could be better than the penny pincher, but at the same time Id bet that the modified one has taken way more abuse while driving than the penny pincher.
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agree. Although it is very possible to get more than the recommended life out of parts. In my case i did oil changes every 3-4 weeks or when the light came on. This included a full inspection from the dealership. Everything they said that needed to be changed was changed on the spot. All recommended services were done at the mileage intervals. (Plugs, coolant flush etc)

My Brake pads are still the factory ones that came with the car and they are fine according to the dealership. Tires were "worn" but still fell within safe standards. As long as you are driving highway and not beating the shit out of your car you can make things last a lot longer than intended. I honestly dont care about saving money or penny pinching. That has never been my mindset. But if its not broke dont fix it as long as it falls within safe standards.

I think it depends on the situation when buying a car. I would never buy someone else's project but thats just me. You make a good point with saying the modified one with spot on maintenance records could be better than the penny pincher, but at the same time Id bet that the modified one has taken way more abuse while driving than the penny pincher.
See that I can appreciate, and thank you for the response. We can all collectively agree that the worst cars are the ones that are beaten on whether stock or modified, and not maintained on top. Plenty of those will be around as these get older, and have exchanged hands into the 3rd or 4th owner which is likely going to be a young driver who wants a cool car on a budget.

We all see ratty cars that don't deserve to be on the road, and my dismay was in anticipation that here we go again. Not directed towards you, but anyone reading just take care of your car before it absolutely NEEDS a replacement. I personally can give modified cars a pass if I know their history, and it helps that I'm heavily involved in the Toronto car scene so it would be a car I know, or can get info on the driver and the car easily. Any cars that were dragged, not a chance as that's a lot of drivetrain shock every time you dump a clutch and rev the piss out of it. I'm passing 30k tuned miles with several track days, on a stock clutch that hasn't given up because the car was enjoyed, yes, but not beaten. No issues to report, car has been flawless all seasons for me :)

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
My '17 Si has over 50,000 miles and the only mods are a Hondata flash at +9 psi and a K&N cold air intake. I regularly drive from the Chicago-area to NE, MN, Detroit and KC so most of my miles are highway. Typically, on the highway, I drive at the posted speed plus 10 mph just to keep distance from most other traffic.

On highway trips, I average close to 40 mpg. My all time record, on a round trip to Detroit was 43 mpg according to the car's calculations.
Do you make these trips for work? What do you do? I also drive all over the midwest ~1000 miles a week, but mostly in my work truck. I have friends in MN and my gf lives in Memphis. For work I visit pipeline stations in Detroit, OH, KY, IN, IL.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
See that I can appreciate, and thank you for the response. We can all collectively agree that the worst cars are the ones that are beaten on whether stock or modified, and not maintained on top. Plenty of those will be around as these get older, and have exchanged hands into the 3rd or 4th owner which is likely going to be a young driver who wants a cool car on a budget.

We all see ratty cars that don't deserve to be on the road, and my dismay was in anticipation that here we go again. Not directed towards you, but anyone reading just take care of your car before it absolutely NEEDS a replacement. I personally can give modified cars a pass if I know their history, and it helps that I'm heavily involved in the Toronto car scene so it would be a car I know, or can get info on the driver and the car easily. Any cars that were dragged, not a chance as that's a lot of drivetrain shock every time you dump a clutch and rev the piss out of it. I'm passing 30k tuned miles with several track days, on a stock clutch that hasn't given up because the car was enjoyed, yes, but not beaten. No issues to report, car has been flawless all seasons for me :)
i just wont show a pic of my tacoma then lmao

StevenGregory

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Are you on the OEM clutch? This gives me hope if your are
Hi there. If the question about the clutch was directed at me (I'm right above you on the thread), the answer is "yes." Original clutch and original all-weather tires at 50K (mostly highway) miles.

StevenGregory

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Do you make these trips for work? What do you do? I also drive all over the midwest ~1000 miles a week, but mostly in my work truck. I have friends in MN and my gf lives in Memphis. For work I visit pipeline stations in Detroit, OH, KY, IN, IL.
Yep, for work. I turn 71 in a couple of weeks and, as I told my wife the other day, "If I can keep this up for another 30 years, I can afford to retire."

Truecris

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si 2017
Country flag
Coming up to 89k bought the car 2019 December used with 23k miles. All I really done to my car was a clutch replacement cause I let my cousin drive when I was shit faced and she burnt it out ? these cars are reliable I’ve been to Houston Texas there and back twice, drove up to Montana once there a back, drove it up to Denver Colorado there and back twice, been up to norcal there and back at least 8 times. I live in SoCal btw, these si’s are reliable I drove through snow, hurricanes, dust storms, this car has seen it all. I also drove at like 140 mph for 2 hrs straight coming back from Texas ?

Anjuna

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan
Country flag
Coming up to 89k bought the car 2019 December used with 23k miles. All I really done to my car was a clutch replacement cause I let my cousin drive when I was shit faced and she burnt it out ? these cars are reliable I’ve been to Houston Texas there and back twice, drove up to Montana once there a back, drove it up to Denver Colorado there and back twice, been up to norcal there and back at least 8 times. I live in SoCal btw, these si’s are reliable I drove through snow, hurricanes, dust storms, this car has seen it all. I also drove at like 140 mph for 2 hrs straight coming back from Texas ?
How'd you find it climbing into Denver? I regularly drive the Coquihalla in BC (Highway Through Hell) in the summer, and it's overall peak is just shy of 1 mile.

I find it pulls up the hills like a bat out of hell. Kills the fuel economy, but taking the steep grades at 95mph is easy peasy.

For everyone else, I've got a 17 Sedan with 90k kms / 55k Miles. Second owner, had since 24k Miles. It was owned by an older family man who babied it as much as me. The dashcam history proved that.

Truecris

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si 2017
Country flag
How'd you find it climbing into Denver? I regularly drive the Coquihalla in BC (Highway Through Hell) in the summer, and it's overall peak is just shy of 1 mile.

I find it pulls up the hills like a bat out of hell. Kills the fuel economy, but taking the steep grades at 95mph is easy peasy.

For everyone else, I've got a 17 Sedan with 90k kms / 55k Miles. Second owner, had since 24k Miles. It was owned by an older family man who babied it as much as me. The dashcam history proved that.
That all depends on the weather and how much of a steep incline. I climbed the Rocky Mountains with ease, but here in California we have a mountain called the grape vine I remember last year in the summer it was about 105 degrees I saw my heat gauge to my car climb up to a little over half so I just started to slow down and drive with the traffic. But be mindful I was driving probably like 80-90 mph lol

Anjuna

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan
Country flag
That all depends on the weather and how much of a steep incline. I climbed the Rocky Mountains with ease, but here in California we have a mountain called the grape vine I remember last year in the summer it was about 105 degrees I saw my heat gauge to my car climb up to a little over half so I just started to slow down and drive with the traffic. But be mindful I was driving probably like 80-90 mph lol
I almost always take the passes at night. I work afternoons and hate dealing with traffic. Leaving at 11pm, it's just me and the truckers. Fortunately it rarely gets that hot here. We had a huge heat wave a few weeks ago that saw the Province in those temps for the first time ever.
Sponsored