Highest mileage to date with 10th gen Si's?

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
2017 Civic SI Sedan - 51k miles, all stock, had it for two years - blown main seal and cam tensioner cover seal replaced under warranty. The usual recall stuff. Rear brakes needed to go at 50k as well, so replaced all four and bled. Did trans fluid and an alignment a year ago. Otherwise just oil changes and air filters. Just did tires this past weekend, but they were at 5/16ths. Just about due for FOB batteries....
Sponsored

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Close to a year and half with my '18 Si Sedan and have almost 33k. This is considered low miles for me. My old back up '08 Jetta is at 284k and before I got rid of my '15 Elantra Sport had over 122k in 3 years.

Plan to keep the Si for a long time.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No problem :) You will not regret going the ktuner route. It makes the car totally wake up. My miles are 99% highway so I think I probably would have had to do more basic maintenance if it were more stop and go. (Brakes, tires etc)

It's been an extremely reliable car thus far. Coming from a lexus IS250, I can say I absolutely made the right choice.
Noted, thank you bro. When I get my 2020 I'll use my warranty up for a bit and drive a decent amount to make sure there's no problems straight from factory then ktuner will definitely be the 2nd thing I do after getting D2 springs

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noted, thank you bro. When I get my 2020 I'll use my warranty up for a bit and drive a decent amount to make sure there's no problems straight from factory then ktuner will definitely be the 2nd thing I do after getting D2 springs
Definitely purchase Rear camber arms if you get D2's. After installing the rear camber goes to about -2.6 and really induces understeer. I drove like that for a whole year and once i corrected it, i realized how much i was robbing myself of optimal handling.

cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I am about 77k miles with my 2018 Si. Been right at 25 months since I bought her. No major services. Only mod is a muffler delete, but I am gonna pull the trigger on a Ktuner really soon. Just got my second set of tires on her a few thousand miles ago. I suspect I may need new brakes pretty soon. I am still on the originals, but do mostly highway driving.

randomisjustfine

First Name
Tadas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I’m at 40k on my 17 Si, vittuned for 2 years now with prl cai since last spring. Did oil changes every 5-7k miles and got new tires at 37k, replaced mt fluid and flushed brake lines with an install of prl ss clutch line. Haven’t got to do any repairs yet... knocking on wood here.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
2017 Civic SI Sedan - 51k miles, all stock, had it for two years - blown main seal and cam tensioner cover seal replaced under warranty. The usual recall stuff. Rear brakes needed to go at 50k as well, so replaced all four and bled. Did trans fluid and an alignment a year ago. Otherwise just oil changes and air filters. Just did tires this past weekend, but they were at 5/16ths. Just about due for FOB batteries....
I believe my car has the issue with cam tensioner cover seal-found oil leak on mine at around 41k- now approaching 47k on 2018 Si. Did you find the leak yourself? Have yet to take mine in to be fixed.

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I believe my car has the issue with cam tensioner cover seal-found oil leak on mine at around 41k- now approaching 47k on 2018 Si. Did you find the leak yourself? Have yet to take mine in to be fixed.
I don't recall the milage I had it done but I can check my paperwork. My local dealership cited they found oil residue during an oil change, but couldnt tell the source. Supposedly they didnt find any on the next but I wasn't convinced.

I did what any reasonable person would do and drove it pretty hard on the way to the next oil change, they found more residue, had them check it over and got the seals replaced under warranty. My dealership told me the main seal is covered, but the cam tensioner seal wouldn't be - both ended up being covered

Dharmaboy

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe white
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming up on 83K miles in a little over 26 months, so I guess that's about 38K miles per year. Yikes.

Running totally stock. Front brakes replaced at around 55K, the rear brakes are due soon. No other issues so far other than the thumping rear end when it gets really cold and various rattles with seasonal temperature fluctuations.

Change the oil when the reminder comes on which works about to an average of about every 10K miles so far. Run 87 octane and my average lifetime MPG is 39, with seasonal averages of 42 mpg in the summer and 36 mpg in the winter.
I only have 13k KM on mine but with the -40C weather which was bad for a short stretch. Man that rear ends gets real stiff and noisy. I thought with the potholes we had I ruined the rear suspension.

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
2017 civic si sleeper

This si is a type R killer

Upgrades list:

Intake 27 won

200 cell high flow cat 27won

down pipe 27won

Front pipe 27won

Turbo 27won

Motor mount 27won(secret car jewelry)

Type R exhaust

Brake pads in the front carbo tech 10

Hawk 5.0 in the rear

Fx350 clutch

Spoon clutch cable

Head unit hacked

Hondata (race)

Prl plug and play E85 kit

Barrel Of E98

Set of new oem spark plugs

R compound tires

car is almost over 150000kms

cant say enough good things about 27won guys honestly the best company I have ever felt with for car parts. Huge SHOUTOUT TO 2 7 WON.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I have 7k after daily driving for 8 months! I guess I can rest easy for the next 10 years lol

Also interested in hearing what service you had to do besides routine maintenance.
11k for 12.5 months. Nice knowing this thing will outlive my kids!

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 civic si sleeper

This si is a type R killer

Upgrades list:

Intake 27 won

200 cell high flow cat 27won

down pipe 27won

Front pipe 27won

Turbo 27won

Motor mount 27won(secret car jewelry)

Type R exhaust

Brake pads in the front carbo tech 10

Hawk 5.0 in the rear

Fx350 clutch

Spoon clutch cable

Head unit hacked

Hondata (race)

Prl plug and play E85 kit

Barrel Of E98

Set of new oem spark plugs

R compound tires

car is almost over 150000kms

cant say enough good things about 27won guys honestly the best company I have ever felt with for car parts. Huge SHOUTOUT TO 2 7 WON.
Super impressive if you actually hit almost 150k with all that. Did you have all those parts for most of those miles or was it spread out? Also what tune do you run

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Super impressive if you actually hit almost 150k with all that. Did you have all those parts for most of those miles or was it spread out? Also what tune do you run
So I originally picked up the car from dealer in 2017July. Had Hondata early in 2018 then October 2018 got the 27won bolt on touch;) then the following spring ekit and clutch. I have various tunes 8-9 that I use depending on what I am using the car for. It has more than a dozen full track days on it. Car is fantastic. It was my first Honda:).

Zimmy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI, 2011 Accord V6, 2003 Civic LX, 2010 Ford Fusion
Country flag
Just hit 109k today :)
Any issues with gasoline direct injection (GDI)———>carbon buildup on valves? I have read a great deal about this being an issue with other automakers. I have a 2019 SI with 16,000 miles and all I have done is change the oil at around 30%. Using synthetic oil. I love this car. Closest I can get to the thrill I used to get riding my 85 KZ 1000 rice rocket. Had to sell that bike because I had the need for speed and knew how it would end if I kept riding it.

Last edited:

TypeR(black)

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R (Black), 2009 Civic SI 2DR Coupe (Black)
Country flag
I purchased my 2009 Civic SI Coupe new and drove it for 11 years and put 143K mile on it. It was a great car, very fun to drive and never had any problem with it. I loved the car, and did not want to get rid of it, however, I traded it in for a new 2019 Type R. Loved taking her up to 8,000 rpm with the V-Tec! 03/02/20 HP
Sponsored