Austinhr97

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I ran into a new problem a couple days ago, I'll keep it short and simple. I re tuned my car after discovering there was an added throttle sensitivity setting. I kept the same throttle response, faster turbo spool, deleted rev hang. But I also changed my intake configuration to the Injen SRI, because I have a mishimoto SRI. Maybe this is causing my higher idle due to offset air ratios? Would it be better set to stock, or is there a way I can tune it to my intake?

My car essentially idles at about 1400 rpm now and if I try to engine break it basically drives for me and pulls me along without touching the gas. When I try to downshift, no matter how hard I touch the gas it shoots up to like 2000 rpm and makes my shifting super botchy. I'm going to go home and try eliminating 1 at a time until I figure it out but any help is appreciated. And if a datalog is requested I will provide one.
Sponsored

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I ran into a new problem a couple days ago, I'll keep it short and simple. I re tuned my car after discovering there was an added throttle sensitivity setting. I kept the same throttle response, faster turbo spool, deleted rev hang. But I also changed my intake configuration to the Injen SRI, because I have a mishimoto SRI. Maybe this is causing my higher idle due to offset air ratios? Would it be better set to stock, or is there a way I can tune it to my intake?

My car essentially idles at about 800 rpm now and if I try to engine break it basically drives for me and pulls me along without touching the gas. When I try to downshift, no matter how hard I touch the gas it shoots up to like 1200 rpm and makes my shifting super botchy. I'm going to go home and try eliminating 1 at a time until I figure it out but any help is appreciated. And if a datalog is requested I will provide one.

Optimized 800 rpm Idle Speed For Use With Aftermarket Motor Mounts
from Phearable

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So you're running a Hondata base Injen tune? That's really set up specifically for the Injen intake and scales the MAF settings to compensate for it's wonky fuel trims. But using it on your car wouldn't cause your idle speed to basically double; it would only mess with your fuel trims.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally adjust your idle speed somewhere in the Hondata settings?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Austinhr97

Austinhr97

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
So you're running a Hondata base Injen tune? That's really set up specifically for the Injen intake and scales the MAF settings to compensate for it's wonky fuel trims. But using it on your car wouldn't cause your idle speed to basically double; it would only mess with your fuel trims.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally adjust your idle speed somewhere in the Hondata settings?
Alright so I went back and checked and my idle tables are set pretty high, like 1300-1700. I tried creating a new calibration but the tables stayed like this as default. I never touched them and they appear to be set to this since they scale down at different temps. Is there not a way to reset these to default?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whoa buddy. You need to stop messing with parameters and checking boxes that you don’t understand. Just get it back to the base tune. Yes, the idle speed is scaled to engine temp. When you load a base tune it should go back to the defaults. Just don’t load a saved file that you futzed with.

OP
OP
Austinhr97

Austinhr97

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Whoa buddy. You need to stop messing with parameters and checking boxes that you don’t understand. Just get it back to the base tune. Yes, the idle speed is scaled to engine temp. When you load a base tune it should go back to the defaults. Just don’t load a saved file that you futzed with.
I'm not tampering with anything I don't understand, buddy. I checked boxes to mods that I completely understood. I discovered that the throttle sensitivity mod was the culprit of the elevated idle range. I'm not fucking loading anything back to stock. I'm not a child, don't tell me what to do.

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm not tampering with anything I don't understand, buddy. I checked boxes to mods that I completely understood. I discovered that the throttle sensitivity mod was the culprit of the elevated idle range. I'm not fucking loading anything back to stock. I'm not a child, don't tell me what to do.
You're the one who started a thread looking for advice. WOPSiWOT gave you super solid advice. Whether or not you take it, that's on you. I would offer the same advice as him since you're trying to weed out the problem by order of elimination. Try uploading the same unaltered tune you have now or try uploading a similar one to eliminate the possibility of you dicking up the parameters.

OP
OP
Austinhr97

Austinhr97

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
You're the one who started a thread looking for advice. WOPSiWOT gave you super solid advice. Whether or not you take it, that's on you. I would offer the same advice as him since you're trying to weed out the problem by order of elimination. Try uploading the same unaltered tune you have now or try uploading a similar one to eliminate the possibility of you dicking up the parameters.
You obviously have not read the entire thread. And HE did not give me any good advice. He told me not to touch things I did not understand and to revert it to stock. I did not touch anything I did not understand, and I especially did NOT modify any of the parameters. Literally nothing, I didn't touch a single calibration besides the preset mods which I fully understand. I've uploaded tuned multiple times over the past 2 years of owning a Hondata and this is not my first or last issue. Simply running into an issue does not mean I am incompetent or modifying parameters- you would know that if you had actually read the last 7 replies.

Secondly, I already resolved the issue, as I literally just stated in reply #7. The mod responsible for the issue was the stage 1 throttle sensitivity, which obviously is an issue with Hondata, since I uploaded and referred it twice which replicated the symptoms I originally stated. This issue was resolved nearly 24 hours before he commented and demanded I revert my car to stock and assumed I don't know what I'm talking about, which is complete nonsense. I don't know what world you live in where you think you can just TELL people what to do. There was nothing I had done or said that would suggest I did not know what I was doing, and none of the issues I had were at fault of my own actions, and no damage was done to my car

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did not suggest you go back to stock. I said reload a base tune, don’t mess with tables, and don’t check boxes for intakes you don’t have. But you can do what you want, definitely. GL

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You obviously have not read the entire thread. And HE did not give me any good advice. He told me not to touch things I did not understand and to revert it to stock. I did not touch anything I did not understand, and I especially did NOT modify any of the parameters. Literally nothing, I didn't touch a single calibration besides the preset mods which I fully understand. I've uploaded tuned multiple times over the past 2 years of owning a Hondata and this is not my first or last issue. Simply running into an issue does not mean I am incompetent or modifying parameters- you would know that if you had actually read the last 7 replies.

Secondly, I already resolved the issue, as I literally just stated in reply #7. The mod responsible for the issue was the stage 1 throttle sensitivity, which obviously is an issue with Hondata, since I uploaded and referred it twice which replicated the symptoms I originally stated. This issue was resolved nearly 24 hours before he commented and demanded I revert my car to stock and assumed I don't know what I'm talking about, which is complete nonsense. I don't know what world you live in where you think you can just TELL people what to do. There was nothing I had done or said that would suggest I did not know what I was doing, and none of the issues I had were at fault of my own actions, and no damage was done to my car
Im having the same issue, stock with the base hondata tune, did you keep the faster turbo spool? i also took off the throttle sense but still having the same issue. have not taken off turbo spool yet

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I did not suggest you go back to stock. I said reload a base tune, don’t mess with tables, and don’t check boxes for intakes you don’t have. But you can do what you want, definitely. GL
You’re good bro. Lol. OP is having a bad day.

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
My man is hurt lol. The second I saw him cursing and not to be treated like a child and etc. I just died laughing. I wonder how old he is.
Sponsored