Alex_hockey69

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Hey guys - '18 civic si sedan. Basically when I turn off Sport Mode the boost does not drop back down to factory levels. It stays at the Hondata basemap levels.

This has happened to me on an older version of flash pro using the +6PSI basemap and last night I updated the software and put on the +9PSI basemap and I'm still having the problem.

Basically in "stock mode" it is running 23 psi max boost. I contacted Hondata and the tech told me to make sure the Sport Mode box is checked under "Torque" in the calibration. The box is indeed checked.

Can someone please help? Can a Hondata rep chime in? Thanks.

Edit: I just called Hondata. They said they're going to test this out on their in-house SI they have.

Edit #2 on 7/16/2018: I spoke with Hondata. They said they couldn't recreate this with their own SI. But they said to send them an email with a data log of (A) sport mode on and driving and (B) sport mode off and driving (also tell them which basemap you have).

I flashed my car back to stock the other day so i'll relash tonight and get the data logs over to hondata. If they can't find a solution I'm strongly considering going over to KTuner to see how their platform works...

Edit #3 on 8/14/2018: I ended up selling the SI and getting a Type R. Switched to K-Tuner for the Type R. Not sure if Hondata ever fixed this issue on the SI (when I reflashed, I still had the issue).

Hello what was the solution to this problem?
Sponsored

Alex_hockey69

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
i'm noticing the same problem with mine. it's doing about the same since the last update but I thought it was because of the downpipe i installed. but glad somebody else is seeing the same issue. i'm hitting 24 - 26 psi with sport mode off as well and stays the same when sport mode is on. but i do see the difference in how fast it spools up between the 2 modes, with sport mode being much faster and quicker throttle response.
What did you do to solve this problem?

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What did you do to solve this problem?
The new update fixed that I think. Have scramble mode on during sport mode.
I strongly believe it has to deal with scramble mode being toggled on/off. The boost will be there, it's just how fast or spools up based on sport mode or not.

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Seems like I have this issue now, too. I have tried with scramble mode on, still seeing 20ish in boost in non-sport mode. Anyone else find anything out about it?

Spunkster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR, 2x 98 ITR's, 88 Integra, 06 RSX Type S
Country flag
Seems like I have this issue now, too. I have tried with scramble mode on, still seeing 20ish in boost in non-sport mode. Anyone else find anything out about it?
Send your calibration to Hondata (support <at> hondata.com). Include a detailed description of the issue.

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4 Door
Country flag
I have found a solution to this issue with high boost not disabling when sport mode is off, make sure cruise main is enabled when sport mode is off it reverts everything back to stock values ie, throttle response, turbo response rate, rev hang and "stock" boost levels. In sport mode with it enabled it appears to only have higher boost levels with stock throttle response etc.. For me it works on my 19 Si

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I have found a solution to this issue with high boost not disabling when sport mode is off, make sure cruise main is enabled when sport mode is off it reverts everything back to stock values ie, throttle response, turbo response rate, rev hang and "stock" boost levels. In sport mode with it enabled it appears to only have higher boost levels with stock throttle response etc.. For me it works on my 19 Si
With Cruise Main enabled, in both sport and normal mode, you will get stock-like everything except boost levels? What about the MAP itself?

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4 Door
Country flag
With Cruise Main enabled, in both sport and normal mode, you will get stock-like everything except boost levels? What about the MAP itself?
Think of it this way Cruise main On, Sport Off: Stock style tune and MAP. Cruise main on, sport on: increased boost map but stock throttle response turbo response etc. Cruise main off, sport on: increased boost map, turbo response throttle response etc whatever you have set like launch control and no lift shift.
Sponsored