Higher boost does not shut off when Sport Mode is off

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey guys - '18 civic si sedan. Basically when I turn off Sport Mode the boost does not drop back down to factory levels. It stays at the Hondata basemap levels.

This has happened to me on an older version of flash pro using the +6PSI basemap and last night I updated the software and put on the +9PSI basemap and I'm still having the problem.

Basically in "stock mode" it is running 23 psi max boost. I contacted Hondata and the tech told me to make sure the Sport Mode box is checked under "Torque" in the calibration. The box is indeed checked.

Can someone please help? Can a Hondata rep chime in? Thanks.

Edit: I just called Hondata. They said they're going to test this out on their in-house SI they have.

Edit #2 on 7/16/2018: I spoke with Hondata. They said they couldn't recreate this with their own SI. But they said to send them an email with a data log of (A) sport mode on and driving and (B) sport mode off and driving (also tell them which basemap you have).

I flashed my car back to stock the other day so i'll relash tonight and get the data logs over to hondata. If they can't find a solution I'm strongly considering going over to KTuner to see how their platform works...

Edit #3 on 8/14/2018: I ended up selling the SI and getting a Type R. Switched to K-Tuner for the Type R. Not sure if Hondata ever fixed this issue on the SI (when I reflashed, I still had the issue).
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
name of map you are using?
+9PSI with Sport Mode FTS or something like that (it is definitely the one with Sport Mode feature activated). I don't have it in front of me at the moment.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
my laptop is in the car, but I'm at work, that sounds like the map I would expect to behave the way you want (stock like in normal, +9 in sport mode). I recommend enabling Scramble in sport mode, it works well

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
my laptop is in the car, but I'm at work, that sounds like the map I would expect to behave the way you want (stock like in normal, +9 in sport mode). I recommend enabling Scramble in sport mode, it works well
What does the scramble mode really do? And is it safe? This is my daily driver (20 miles each way city and highway) and in the process of planning a wedding so $ is tight in case something happens!

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i'm noticing the same problem with mine. it's doing about the same since the last update but I thought it was because of the downpipe i installed. but glad somebody else is seeing the same issue. i'm hitting 24 - 26 psi with sport mode off as well and stays the same when sport mode is on. but i do see the difference in how fast it spools up between the 2 modes, with sport mode being much faster and quicker throttle response.

EvildoerTsui

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2019 VW Golf
Country flag
I have a 2018 Sport Hatch and my Econ button never drop the boost back to stock as well. Oh well, maybe it's a 2018 thing.

wytwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White SI Coupe
Country flag
I have a 2018 Sport Hatch and my Econ button never drop the boost back to stock as well. Oh well, maybe it's a 2018 thing.
they are referring to SI's which have the sport button. Ktuner and Hondata allow you to have different boost pressures depending on the drive mode you are in. Your hatch doesn't have that option.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
they are referring to SI's which have the sport button. Ktuner and Hondata allow you to have different boost pressures depending on the drive mode you are in. Your hatch doesn't have that option.
sure it does, if you run the Ktuner dual tune as I do on my cvt...Eco off is 21 eco on is stock.

wytwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White SI Coupe
Country flag
Oops sorry, over looked that option. Thought it was only Si’s and CTR that had that.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oops sorry, over looked that option. Thought it was only Si’s and CTR that had that.
no worries! just letting folks know in case they didn't. We all here to learn and share my man

EvildoerTsui

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, we have Econ button and Hondata have option to run stock tune with Econ button on...But it never works for me...

EvildoerTsui

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will do, when I have time to test it out later in the week.
Sponsored