High speed "excitement"... cops were involved.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
If I ever have the great misfortune of having to work in D.C., it's like the Wild Wild West for traffic there. People drive like maniacs, speeding, cutting in and out of lanes, no regard for others. The DC metro police won't do a damn thing either. Theres been countless times I've watched someone hauling ass, passing and weaving around them and they just ignore it. Which I guess is a good thing since if they go chasing them down and pulling them over it will make the horrendous traffic even worse. Cities are the cesspool of human civilization, I don't get why anyone would want to live there.
I used to live on Capitol Hill. The stretch of 295 that goes down through eastern and southeast DC, from where it splits off of 50 and goes to S Capitol... man, I feel lucky every time I get out of there unscathed. The lanes are too narrow, there's no shoulders, the pavement is a little rough, and the exit/entrances are haphazard. I wonder if they made a lot of early design mistakes with that road which were fixed for other urban freeways later.

I live in the Maryland 'burbs now, and I don't like it much here, either. I'd be happy if they just stop tailgating me. And I really curtailed my bicycling out here.
Sponsored

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For Arizona state police, it's mostly unmarked silver and white Explorers to watch out for, but they also have a whole fleet of unmarked F-150's in every color of the rainbow, and I saw something that made my blood run cold while passing the scene of a wreck on the side of the freeway several months ago....an unmarked Toyota Camry. That thing was lit up like a christmas tree, and it scared the F out of me that they have unmarked cars that are so common.
A Camry? good gods what hath this world come too............
I'm in Chicago up here its any murdered out Ford, Chevy or Dodge, Suv is suspect.,

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been pulled over twice since I started driving. First time was going 12 over the speed limit as I was passing a semi truck that was swerving in and out of my lane and not paying any attention whatsoever, I tried to explain the situation with the officer but he didn’t want any of it. I took that ticket to court and beat it and to this day I believe I was justified in my actions regarding that situation and I’m glad it was addressed accordingly. The second time I got pulled over was when I was going 59 in a 50. The cop thankfully seemed to be pretty relaxed and just told me to watch my speed. I am always keeping my eyes out for blacked out SUVs, we have a lot of cops here in WA who drive them.

Last edited:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Damn...117 and no ticket...congrats. Here in Virginia anything 20 mph or over the speed limit is "reckless" (doesnt matter if you're on a highway) and you can actually get jail time for it. If I was clocked in at 117 mph i don't know if I would have the same luck haha. I've thankfully yet to get a speeding ticket in my life (surprisingly) but one day it will happen and i better pray its not 20 over the limit. Also, always think twice about speeding when a big white or black domestic make sedan pulls up behind you ;)

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
I swear my Honda Element, being so boxy, had built in stealth (or the cop couldn’t believe it went that fast). I’ve passed cops using radar at 80-100 mph and actually seen them banging the side of their radar, like they couldn’t get an accurate reading.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, what a story! So glad Ohio is a state that forbids unmarked police cars.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, you got lucky. Karma was on your side. Thank you for your service as a first responder.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I used to live on Capitol Hill. The stretch of 295 that goes down through eastern and southeast DC, from where it splits off of 50 and goes to S Capitol... man, I feel lucky every time I get out of there unscathed. The lanes are too narrow, there's no shoulders, the pavement is a little rough, and the exit/entrances are haphazard. I wonder if they made a lot of early design mistakes with that road which were fixed for other urban freeways later.

I live in the Maryland 'burbs now, and I don't like it much here, either. I'd be happy if they just stop tailgating me. And I really curtailed my bicycling out here.
What county? Hopefully not PG or Montgomery.. lol. Over east they're not too bad, everyone does 80 in a 55 at least and they usually don't care, unless it's a holiday like the 4th of July

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
I had similar situation..decided to open up old evo on hwy after fresh tank of e85 and sitting in garage for 2 weeks. Cop said he got accelerating up to about 125 before letting off to take exit, while popping flames out exhaust between shifts. Let me go w no ticket. Friend happened to be in IHOP and caught a pic as well
Honda Civic 10th gen High speed "excitement"... cops were involved. wickedixmr_8lyjvdpo2a

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, it happened. I don't drive fast all the time but from time to time I do like to push it hard on the highway and see what my tuned car can do.

The other day, I was coming home from work (I'm an essential worker) and my commute home featured a great opportunity to air it out. There were only a handful of cars out on the road.

Anyway seeing no one in front of me, I gave it some gas. I saw some guy in a black Chevy behind me speed up with me and I decided to floor it to zoom ahead. And then the oh shit moment happened. At nearly double the posted legal speed, that black car behind me flashed their lights and pulled me over. Mind you, I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 15 years but I never got one going this fast. I figured I was fucked.

So the guy comes over and I can see he's not a regular officer but a suit with the state police. He says "where were you going". I told him I was a first responder/essential worker going home after a shift. He says "OK, but 117 is a bit much don't you think"? I apologized. And then it happened.

"I'm not going to write you up today, but slow down and stay safe".

Needless to say I was happily shocked. Hmmm, maybe he likes 10th gen Civics? I was beyond lucky.
Lucky you haha. 2 days into 2020 and I got cited for only going 14mph over the local limit (45). Maybe the cop that pulled me over had a grudge against lunar silver metallic lol.

Bernz1973

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R (RR), 2016 Honda Accord Sport 6MT, 2008 Toyota Highlander Sport AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol Here’s a cool story, I was tailgating a 2010 hyundai sonata driving like 25mph on a 30mph single lane two way street on Long Island, NY. Since he’s slow as hell, I counter flowed and over take him so I can go ahead my way. When I look at my rearview mirror, he turned on his sirens and I was shocked in disbelief that how the hell could they be an unmarked vehicle on a beat up hyundai sonata? So I pulled over and two plainclothes officers with their chain badge and flash lights approached my vehicle. One of them was wearing a bandana and skinny as fck. Long story short, they let me go because of my military plates and flashed my military ID after they asked. And they just told me “don’t drive like an asshole nxt time okay?” Lol moral of the story. You can’t always tell which ones are unmarked.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I occasionally make the run from Harrisburg Pa to Towson Md on I83, falls under the often aggressive Enforcement of both the Pa & Md State Troopers. Pa now has mostly "Sealth Grey" SUV'S, some are unmarked. Interestingly, all have tinted glass, a privilege denied to ordinary citizens here, but which makes them instantly identifiable. Md has a real assortment of both marked and unmarked. Typically I just set the predictive cruise control to 67-8 and relax. A run to visit my watch dealer ain't worth a multi-hundred $ ticket and both states have reciprocal points. On a typical trip, about 55 miles each way, I'm seeing anywhere between 10-15 vehicles pulled over having a "discussion" The truck traffic on 83 is insane, always speeding, somehow seldom see one stopped. Interestingly, busses are always over the speed limit, I've NEVER seen one pulled over, yet they seem to be involved in a lot of accidents. Selective enforcement?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So glad I live in a state that forbids unmarked police cars.
Wow, that's a thing? Sounds like the greatest state ever. In my state, there is a huge assortment of unmarked vehicles. This appeared to be a Chevy Malibu with no extra antennas or anything.

Last edited:

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I see a car or truck with CA exempt plates on the freeway I assume they are law enforcement undercover. Cause I have see Highway Patrol in plain white fords and big black SUVs. Whenever I see a cop or WAZE is indicating a cop is ahead I just lift my foot off the gas at least it slow down gradually cause as soon as they see those brake lights they know you know you were going to fast.
Sponsored