jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
This was updated on Full-Race's website this morning. I spoke with them earlier ordered the pump. At that time they still had a few in stock. XDI is to supply a code to unlock this in the Flashpro manager software. It is free. I don't understand why this is necessary for Hondata to do. The FR turbo kit did not require a code to unlock in Flashpro. According to Full-Race the XDI injectors are not included with Hondata's built in calibrations. They didn't say if they would be in the future so I can't comment on that, but here's the dyno graph they sent me.

Capture.JPG

FOR PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT DRILLING OUT THE FUEL LINE:
It's your car to modify how you want, but realize it's a HIGH PRESSURE fuel line and that is a VERY BAD IDEA. A common problem on other direct injection turbocharged platforms that have been around for a few years longer than the FK8, is these lines cracking after a few years of operation. Usually you can't even see the crack, you'll just have 1700 PSI fuel spraying all over your hot engine. and me personally, I try to avoid lighting my cars on fire, but you do you.

@Jpierro79 Before you go on another rant about the brand of dyno Hondata chooses to use, please understand that using two separate dynos of similar or different brands to compare anything is not the intended use of a dyno, and frankly is wrong. Some dynos of (insert your fave brand) read low on some days and on others will read high.

The reason dynos read differently is due to how the calibrator sets up the dyno. You can set up and dyno to read high and you can set up any dyno to read low. Every calibrators goal should always be to have an accurate baseline, but the fact is you will never reliably use some guys dyno numbers in orange country at sea level as an accurate comparison to another car in Colorado. Correction factor is a complicated subject, and you are not helping anyone understand it with your rants.

Some dynos are loaded and some are not. Some dynos simulate driving conditions and some do not, but it is always a mathematical calculation that is set up by the dyno operator. Depending on what inputs and correction factor you enter in the programming, you will see dramatically different results. Further, if you don't know what you're doing regarding weatherstation data, relative humidity and air temp, the results are off. There are many different methods for doing this and it's not a standardized thing amongst tuners. If you want to be ultra nit picky about the brand of dyno a company uses, you need to understand that dyno graphs are NEVER a means to compare two different cars, especially not two different cars at different altitudes, under different atmospheric conditions, with different fuels, even the manner in which you strap your car down on a dyno and the tire pressure / amount of tire tread and wheel's weight will make a huge difference in the results you see on the graph. Good calibrators adjust for correction factor and use these tools to do one thing, optimize a single vehicles performance and show gains in power and efficiency on one a single day under the current conditions. If you want to measure your car against someone else, drag racing is a good way to do so, but the same principles apply, you know damn well you're not going to run the same 1/4 in Denver as you will in Pomona, so obv we don't want to hear about them being compared. It confuses the heck out of people who already don't understand a complicated and subject.
Maybe we should make a sticky and just point to it. How many times this comes up in every forum, every week ?

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Jdmreck

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 ek ef eg
Country flag
There was some rumors going around on the FB group that the upgraded Hondata pump was just a 1.5T hatch pump. I just picked a used one to play with. I will try post some pics soon.
Did you pick one up ? Also there’s got to be a better option that 1600 and requiring a motec or 2500 and getting parts you don’t need yet. If there was a high pressure pump only upgrade that functioned on oem it would sell like hot cakes.
[/QUOTE]

you ever try it i have one in my hands im thinking in switching it this weekend i got a dyno in 3 days
Sponsored