High Pressure Fuel Pump

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Saw this post on the hondata forums and was wondering if anyone else has looked into the high pressure fuel pump from the nsx?

"Have you guys looked into the NSX high pressure fuel pump? I confirmed that it will bolt up to a K20C1 engine. The low pressure inlet line needs to be clocked slightly and the high pressure will probably have to be bent.
Not sure about flow rates of each one. If you have a way to test them I'd be happy to drop it off to you."
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Saw this post on the hondata forums and was wondering if anyone else has looked into the high pressure fuel pump from the nsx?

"Have you guys looked into the NSX high pressure fuel pump? I confirmed that it will bolt up to a K20C1 engine. The low pressure inlet line needs to be clocked slightly and the high pressure will probably have to be bent.
Not sure about flow rates of each one. If you have a way to test them I'd be happy to drop it off to you."
I saw your post on the hondata forum. I’ve noticed that forum is not as active as this one.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
since the NSX uses port injection along with DI, i'm curious to see how much more the HPFP flows, if any.

who will be the guinea pig and buy the pumps to test.

Japsw20

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Bumping this up, an affordable HPFP would be great.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I think we just need to move away from a single pump and opt for a dual pump custom solution made. Move the engineering solution away from the difficulties of creating a single high flow pump to one of packaging and placement of which there are more experts. Solutions like a belt driven secondary hpfp pump. Have two hpfp units, one for two cylinders would give plenty of overhead and would really show us big numbers. To me this is a much better solution than an overdriven pump for big numbers and reliability.

I don’t think that long term a port injection solution is reliable for high hp.

Japsw20

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Belt driven pump sounds complex and expensive for those of us just looking to not max out our pumps with full bolt ons. Wonder what hondata did to the pumps they are selling?

I think we just need to move away from a single pump and opt for a dual pump custom solution made. Move the engineering solution away from the difficulties of creating a single high flow pump to one of packaging and placement of which there are more experts. Solutions like a belt driven secondary hpfp pump. Have two hpfp units, one for two cylinders would give plenty of overhead and would really show us big numbers. To me this is a much better solution than an overdriven pump for big numbers and reliability.

I don’t think that long term a port injection solution is reliable for high hp.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Still waiting on the smaller 4P pump that can work with stock ECU. I've already heard that those with FBO's including the new turbo inlet pipe and intercooler piping are running out of fuel.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Still waiting on the smaller 4P pump that can work with stock ECU. I've already heard that those with FBO's including the new turbo inlet pipe and intercooler piping are running out of fuel.
that's to be expected lol. Your already out of fuel if you want to run safe AFRs. adding more parts is just going to make it worse.

I'm waiting for a slightly bigger pump that works with the stock ecu also.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
that's to be expected lol. Your already out of fuel if you want to run safe AFRs. adding more parts is just going to make it worse.

I'm waiting for a slightly bigger pump that works with the stock ecu also.
That's what confuses me. I keep pointing out how many users just want a little headroom to safely make max power on pump gas, and keep getting people replying about how I won't get anymore power on pump gas than I am now. Which is obvious, and not what I said that I was looking for. o_O

I think that people are so obsessed with more that they can't understand any other goals.
Sponsored