Type 90

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
OP, I found a post of yours from February 2021 where you mentioned you had 67,000 miles on your car. Since then you've driven nearly 133,000 miles. That is INSANE. That's roughly 7,000 miles a month! How much do you spend a month in gas?
About 1K a month.

Between work and my personal vehicle, ive driven close to 70,000 miles a year for the last 5 years. It absolutely destroys you mentally and physically. I cant imagine driving over 100k miles.
Oh, no worries. I love driving. I find driving can be very therapuetic for the mind and the soul.

:eek: 200k miles on a 2020! I always use full synthetic no matter what in the Si. But I only change every 5k miles. Or every 6 months. Colanzo is on point though. I suppose unless you have oil burning issues or car runs rough, then you could switch.
If you want a peace of mind, then go ahead and switch or use a high mileage oil.

My ass hurts just reading that. Are you an uber driver?
I have a client who works for Stelantis and he drives thousands of miles a month to meet dealers all over the southeast. He gets a new vehicle every year for free from company, but puts almost 100k a year on his cars. He's been doing it for 25 years. He worked for Ford before doing the same thing.

To be honest, you might be the first 200k miles 1.5T on this forum. Maybe in the country? Esp for a 2020 MY. This should be documented in the reliability thread gtman!

Pple are always wondering how these 1.5T engines will do in the long run with high mileage.

Any issues with the car in all those miles?
Well, the fuel door actuator just went out about a few weeks ago. Nothing major. There's no issues with the engine or tranny so far.

Curious of any issues an whatnots as well
Very true!
lol
Damn

What if he IS tuned though?:oops:
I guess you'd know if he was or not huh?
No it is not tuned. Thank God!

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Okay, people. It's official! My 2020 Civic has finally hit the 200k mark with the origianl engine and tranny.

312245807_469352988507129_6244516965669307951_n.jpg
any maintenance, replacement or cleaner/cleaning needed once you got this high mileage?

OP
OP
Type 90

Type 90

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
any maintenance, replacement or cleaner/cleaning needed once you got this high mileage?
At 200k pretty much all i did to it was i replaced the air filter, cabin air filter, spark plugs, and added some fuel additives (Gumout: Multi-System Tune Up) to clean out the fuel injectors. I also change out the oil, coolant, brake fluid, and tranny fluid.

Last edited:

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
At 200k pretty much all i did to it was i replaced the air filter, cabin air filter, spark plugs, and added some fuel additives (Gumout: Multi-System Tune Up) to clean out the fuel injectors. I also change out the oil, coolant, brake fluid, and tranny fluid.
No blown head gasket??

Do you mind me asking you what your average mpg?

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
No blown head gasket??

His photo says 26.5mpg not sure how long that was before it was reset, he must do a lot of city driving which is even worse.

OP
OP
Type 90

Type 90

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
No blown head gasket??

Nope! None.

I would say around 27.8 mpg atm.

His photo says 26.5mpg not sure how long that was before it was reset, he must do a lot of city driving which is even worse.
Correct!

Even at 200k the Civic still feel smooth and responsive as the first day i bought.

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Nope! None.

I would say around 27.8 mpg atm.

Correct!

Even at 200k the Civic still feel smooth and responsive as the first day i bought.
Curious to know what the back of the intake valves look like on your engine. I know these engines have avoided carbon build up without using an extra set of injectors like Toyota uses. If you ever get a chance take a pic for us! We've never received an official explanation from Honda on how they solved carbon buildup on the intake valves with Direct Injection.

ShaRm3064

First Name
Sharmilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Surprised you don't even need a valve adjustment....

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait, did you only just replace the filters now or have you been changing them regularly over the past 2 years? Also did you change the tranny fluid regularly at 15-25k mile intervals? I know you are supposed to get a coolant swap and spark plugs around 60-100k.

OP
OP
Type 90

Type 90

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Curious to know what the back of the intake valves look like on your engine. I know these engines have avoided carbon build up without using an extra set of injectors like Toyota uses. If you ever get a chance take a pic for us! We've never received an official explanation from Honda on how they solved carbon buildup on the intake valves with Direct Injection.
I thought about doing that too, but it just never came to my mind on actually do it, you know? It'd be really interesting to see the results after +200K on the engine.
Surprised you don't even need a valve adjustment....
That's something i should have done right around 50K but i just kinda left it like it is.

Wait, did you only just replace the filters now or have you been changing them regularly over the past 2 years? Also did you change the tranny fluid regularly at 15-25k mile intervals? I know you are supposed to get a coolant swap and spark plugs around 60-100k.
I do it at every 2 oil changes. For the tranny fluid at every 50K. Coolant is at 100K. Spark plugs at 100K.

zacwel

First Name
Zaccari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport CVT
Country flag
Are you with a CVT or MT? If CVT that’s a huge milestone for CVT reliability.

OP
OP
Type 90

Type 90

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Are you with a CVT or MT? If CVT that’s a huge milestone for CVT reliability.
CVT

There's nothing new about Honda's CVT reliability. Honda's CVT in general are among some of the best CVT you can get out there. They're super reliable and durable. These things will last as long as the vehicle if you take good care of them.
Sponsored