High knock count while decelerating

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
Hi, first of all, yes I know knock count is not important and knock control to watch in this platform. I have read everything written about it. My problem is my knock counts increased comparing to what they used to be. In the past I used to get 5-10 knock counts in a 30 minutes drive but nowadays I get up to 50s. I get them only on cylinder 4 all the time. What is more interesting that there is a knock count mostly when I let off the throttle and tps decreased to zero. Nearly all of then when tps is 0 and low rpm.(at startup or low speed city driving) Here is a datalog 40 minutes long. until 24th minutes there are 12 knock counts (because I was cruising high speed) and 31 more in 16 minutes when I was in the city stop and go traffic. What can be the reason? (faulty spark plugs,injectors maybe faulty crackshaft sensor?)

vehicle: civic 1.5t hatchback stock
tune: ktuner starter 16.5/21 basemap
custom maf scaled
Sponsored

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on my phone not my pc so I can't view the log. Keep in mind how crazy sensitive our cars are to show these knock "events". All my knocks seem to occur at startup. They can happen over bumps. I'm not 100% saying you shouldn't be concerned but KTuner basically has said that unless you are seeing 100's within a minute or two not to worry too much.