Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
There's something wrong. Likely horrible fuel quality or possible something else. Just because the octane number on the pump looks right doesn't mean the fuel is good. Also are you sure it's the 1.5 R version of the tune?

The basic 1.5 Phearable tune has the Honda factory built-in high rpm KC rise. The Phearable 1.5R eliminates that.

The OP was on the basic 1.5 tune, not the R version. The basic 1.5 tune would elevate KC above 5200 rpm that's normal. However the 1.5R would not. And anything above 1 indicates a real issue. Again, like poor gas quality.

First step - get gas from a busy, reputable station and get the very highest octane available. If there's no improvement, take it from there.

One other important note. All tuned owners here should add their car to our community tuning thread link below:

The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com
Sponsored

NicoFK7

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 EUDM, Impreza sti GDB, EK4 B17, EE9
Country flag
Yes sure it is the 1.5 race. My ecu is not listed compatible with standard 1.5 and phearable sent me the good one.

For sure I will refuel and continue cheking. I always take the gas from reputable gas station and 98 RON is the maximum we get here.

For the tuned experience topic I just wanted to drive a bit more kilometers before sharing. I literally did like 30km at the moment.

NicoFK7

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 EUDM, Impreza sti GDB, EK4 B17, EE9
Country flag
Quick update.

After driving in normal conditions, the k control went back to 0,49 quickly.

Refilled tank at another gas station and did a few more datalog. K control fluctuates between 0,49-0,59 and only moves at WOT and then goes back quickly to 0,49. However I didn't rev more than 5500 rpm and did only 2 WOT pulls.

I'll keep doing more tests later and add my car to the tuned experience topic today.
Sponsored