Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Currently running phearable tune and I went to Mexico and raced someone up to around 115mph. I looked and the knock control got up to 1.12. When normal driving stays around 0.60-0.70.

ima noob with this stuff is that bad? Or am I okay?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The "in Mexico" comments drive me nuts considering that their speed limits are way lower than the US. But any hoo...

Being in California, your knock control will run a bit high on that tune because 91 is really the very lowest you can use and have it run decently. Plus, once you hit 5300 rpm on a non-Si, KC will go up noticeably.

Continue to push it hard and you could possibly see something over 1 which isn't great.

As far as .6 to .7 in normal driving, that's a bit high.

Did you happen to do this race right after uploading a new tune? The reason I ask is a new tune reverts to .59 and than drops down after some sedate driving.

Report back with your KC numbers on a normal 30 minute commute type day.

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1.12 is not something you want to see. What kind of fuel do you have in the tank?

Have you upgraded your intercooler?

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
The "in Mexico" comments drive me nuts considering that their speed limits are way lower than the US. But any hoo...

Being in California, your knock control will run a bit high on that tune because 91 is really the very lowest you can use and have it run decently. Plus, once you hit 5300 rpm on a non-Si, KC will go up noticeably. Continue to push it hard and you could see something over 1. Doing a race to 115 would certainly elevate it.

As far as .6 to .7 in normal driving, that's a bit high.

Did you happen to do this race right after uploading a new tune? The reason I ask is a new tune reverts to .59 and than drops down after some sedate driving.

Report back with your KC numbers on a normal 30 minute commute type day.
Nope I’ve had it tuned for a few days now.
okay I will check back after I do that.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
1.12 is not something you want to see. What kind of fuel do you have in the tank?

I live in California so best I can do is 91 and nope no intercooler.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Remember too that after that race, those super high KC numbers will take a fair amount of time to drop down into a more normal range.

The other thing is that the Phearable tune really needs 93+ to run best. John Vega even posts that on the product page. You may need to splash a gallon of E85 per tank of 91 to keep KC in a better place.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Remember too that after that race, those super high KC numbers will take a fair amount of time to drop down into a more normal range.

The other thing is that the Phearable tune really needs 93+ to run best. John Vega even posts that on the product page. You may need to splash a gallon of E85 per tank of 91 to keep KC in a better place.
yeah numbers went back down to the normal I have. I just wanted to know if that 1.12 was like something major.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag

What's the problem if k control goes up to 1 or more because of that non si logic? It would only pull timing and decrease power as far as i know

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah numbers went back down to the normal I have. I just wanted to know if that 1.12 was like something major.
I don't think you did damage, no. Especially considering you said the numbers did drop down. But 1.12 is very high. I mean it's possible it also was a bad batch of gas or you were pushing it REALLY hard. Was the 1.12 after that one single pull to 115 or multiple hard acceleration runs?

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I don't think you did damage, no. Especially considering you said the numbers did drop down. But 1.12 is very high. I mean it's possible it also was a bad batch of gas or you were pushing it REALLY hard. Was the 1.12 after that one single pull to 115 or multiple hard acceleration runs?
it was 1 pull with phearable map 3 tune.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It shouldn't go that high after 1 pull. Maybe John Vega could chime in. Also posting a datalog might be good as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Just got back from an hour drive back on factory tune and numbers were .55-.70

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Replied to your dm. Culprit is fuel quality in mexico ?

NicoFK7

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 EUDM, Impreza sti GDB, EK4 B17, EE9
Country flag
Hi guys, hijacking the thread as I see a "similar" behavior and just would like to confirm everything's normal.

Car is a EUDM 1.5T sport (similar to US hatchback sport) that I just switched to Phearable 1.5R. I'm using only premium 98 RON fuel since i got the car. After a first 20min drive (no WOT pull) with Map 1 everything was ok: LTFT is around -5%, kcon is 0.49.

Then switched to Map 2 and did 2 WOT pulls in 3rd + 4th gears up to 100mph. WOT AFR is 11.2-11.3 (open loop) and kcon raised to 0.6 after 1st pull then 0.66 after 2nd. So everything seems fine.

Switched to Map 3 and did 2 WOT pulls more (wanted to check if everything was fine, especially the clutch). kcon was stable at 0.66 during 3rd pull however during 4th pull, in 4th gear after 5300 RPM it started climbing up to 1.05

After several pulls I understood it can happen. Somebody can confirm ?
Sponsored