rayyanxnauman

First Name
Rayyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic (fc1)
Country flag
Hello! I hope everybody is fine and doing good. I ktuned my civic sedan 1.5 turbo 2-3 days back and initially I ran the car on starter 16.5 psi (aka stage 0) tune and yesterday I switched the tune and ran the car on starter 18 psi (aka stage 1). The first picture that I’ve attached is after switching to 18 psi map and starting the car (cold start) and the second picture I’ve attached is after driving the car for about 30-40km in heavy traffic and doing 5-6 WOT pulls from 10-105km/h since the road I did pulls on had many speed breakers. I did the pulls in both (D) drive and (S) sports mode. I’m really concerned about my car’s reliability that’s why I want to know what things should I monitor except the knock control and please do tell me that what should be the max temps of iat, ect and transmission before I lift my foot off the pedal to let it cool down?
One thing which I forgot to ask earlier is that can I use octane booster? I read somewhere on the internet that ktuned doesn’t recommend to use octane booster but since my knock control is going up after pulls even though I’m using the best available gas in my area, I am considering to start using octane boosters.
The outside temperature during the pulls was around 15 degrees celsius and my car is completely bone stock except the ktuner.
Honda Civic 10th gen High knock control and temperatures on ktuner basemaps 44E7E5E5-1750-4ABA-9FAF-B15F512180CF
Honda Civic 10th gen High knock control and temperatures on ktuner basemaps F604A609-99EF-4C8D-9188-F0FC96E3DED1

OP
OP

rayyanxnauman

First Name
Rayyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic (fc1)
Country flag
If you're concerned about reliability you probably shouldn't be running tunes.
I know the car will be most reliable on factory tune but to be very honest it’s boring that’s why I tuned it and I’m trying my best to not mess up things and be very careful with it. I only tune the car when I want to have some fun, other than that when I’m driving normally since it’s my daily driver, I drive it on factory tune or sometimes at starter 16.5 psi only.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP

rayyanxnauman

First Name
Rayyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic (fc1)
Country flag
I have gone through the reliability thread before getting the ktuner and I appreciate your efforts for the community. I just want someone to have a look on my temps and knock control and guide me about what should be the max temps and knock control before I should lift my foot off the pedal to let it cool down since I’m new to tuning and all this and I don’t want to blow up anything.

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
You should be monitoring IAT and IAT2 temps. To me it sounds like your turbo is getting heat soaked and pulling back timing. The intercoolers are quite small on these cars and that's my next upgrade plan.
Sponsored