Hndamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL-T
Country flag
Hi everyone, first post. After lurking here for weeks I purchased and installed a K Tuner v1.2 and it has transformed my 2016 Civic EXL-T Coupe. I do have a question though. Has anyone seen k control go from .49-.59 in around town and hard driving to 1.1-1.2 when driving at highway speed,low loads,like cruise control? The car has about 61,000 miles and has been meticulously maintained, I'm a Honda service writer. I don't hear any knocking and it will come down after getting off the highway and back to varied speeds and loads. This happens on any brand of 93 octane I use,and any of the tunes supplied with the unit. The car is completely stock. If I flash to factory, it will rise to .7-.8,even on 93 octane,but around town or hard driving brings it back to .49-.59. I do see the artificial rise above 5200 rpm,but this rise is way lower in rpm,about 2000 rpm and very light throttle, at low vacuum or boost levels. The car feels great,only moderate quick adjustments and early spool enabled. Thanks.
Sponsored

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
Has this been happening for more than a tank of gas? I’ve had somthing similar to this before and I think it was just a bad batch of gas.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could easily be a bad batch of gas, but 1+ k control is a bit high... At least from what I've seen on my own logging. Anyway you could datalog with your tune on, drive around like you would for 10-15 minutes and mix in some pulls, stop and go traffic and such? Maybe someone who knows more about it can chime in.

OP
OP

Hndamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL-T
Country flag
Has happened on 3 tanks of 93 octane gas from 3 different stations. I need to figure out how to set up datalogging as my next step. Thanks.
Sponsored