HID recommendations? Differences between 6000k & 6500k?

sonnEEzy

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Reposting from the SI section since idk how to delete threads so sorry in advance for the double post.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's up y'all. Anyone got any good recommendations for HID kits? I bought a xenon kit from xenonhid but their ballast failed and they can't replace it under warranty yet because they are having "quality control issues." You get what you pay for I guess.

I usually rock 6000k HIDS and I was looking at the Morimoto HID kit but I only see that they have the 6500k or a 5500k. I do like the half white/half blueish color blend that the 6000k provides. Are the 6000k and 6500k very similar or are they noticeably different? Are the 6500k "too much" blue? I can't see to find that many comparisons photos of the two online.

Here's the kit from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Morimoto-Elite-System-Ballasts-6500K/dp/B00TAPGF0A?th=1

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
i got the morimoto kit and had nothing but troubles. got fed up and switched to LED low and high beams. couldnt be more happier. seems like a lot of civic folks are having issues with that kit.

consider LED bulbs, check out a few threads on here