Hid morimoto issues

Messi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan 1.5t
Installed a 35w 5500k with morimoto h11 relay. Power was taken from the battery directly and the ground from next to the fuse box. Upon start up the lights fired up no problems. The issue is the security lights also came on at the side of the car which is abnormal. Also got a system message drive safely system initialising as well as keyless not detected. Current u installing everything to go back to stock. Any ideas? This is also a Japanese civic x. Also are the lights on the fenders supposed to be lighting up when the headlights are switched on?
Sponsored

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Installed a 35w 5500k with morimoto h11 relay. Power was taken from the battery directly and the ground from next to the fuse box. Upon start up the lights fired up no problems. The issue is the security lights also came on at the side of the car which is abnormal. Also got a system message drive safely system initialising as well as keyless not detected. Current u installing everything to go back to stock. Any ideas? This is also a Japanese civic x. Also are the lights on the fenders supposed to be lighting up when the headlights are switched on?
Should just be a plug and play type of thing. Im using the 55W morimoto HIDs and after 7 months theyre still running fine

OP
OP

Messi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan 1.5t
I never realised the lights on the fender come on when the headlights are switched on?

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I never realised the lights on the fender come on when the headlights are switched on?
The side markers? Yeah they do turn on. You shouldnt be getting an messages on the dash if it was installed properly

OP
OP

Messi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan 1.5t
The guy took the power from the battery directly maybe that was the issue?

OP
OP

Messi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan 1.5t
Next to the battery to the front there is a body ground

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try moving the ground to the booster negative terminal and see if that makes a difference. That's really the only thing that could be wrong. The terminal I'm talking about it the one they connect the negative booster cable to (it's actually an engine mounting bolt). Step number 4 I think.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hid morimoto issues Capture+_2017-05-29-12-37-12
Sponsored