HID Lights Capacitor Link

tdoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan, 2015 Mercedes Benz B250
Country flag
Thinking of picking up Morimoto Elite H11 HID System - should I be ordering the capacitor link or does that not work with the 2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan?
Sponsored

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I ordered the link just in case I need it but I've been told the 2.0 NA engine doesn't. I haven't installed the kit yet because I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the wires and bullshit under the hood. I don't see room for all of it. From car battery to bulb it goes; batt>relay harness(wires from batt to relays and OEM car wiring, then from relays to ballasts)>from ballasts to amp igniters> to bulbs. All this without even using the cap. links.A total of about ten feet of wires(times 2). Where the hell does all this fit? I haven't actually tried install yet. Waiting for warm weather. I'm going to lay it all out on the engine first and see if there's places somewhere to screw all this crap securely in place without the hood landing on anything when I close it. And tie up all the excess wires. If it looks real mickey mouse I may not do it.
I was told the relay harness is important because it protects the cars electrical system by bypassing it completely, connecting the HID kit directly to the battery.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tdoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan, 2015 Mercedes Benz B250
Country flag
I ordered the link just in case I need it but I've been told the 2.0 NA engine doesn't. I haven't installed the kit yet because I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the wires and bullshit under the hood. I don't see room for all of it. From car battery to bulb it goes; batt>relay harness(wires from batt to relays and OEM car wiring, then from relays to ballasts)>from ballasts to amp igniters> to bulbs. All this without even using the cap. links.A total of about ten feet of wires(times 2). Where the hell does all this fit? I haven't actually tried install yet. Waiting for warm weather. I'm going to lay it all out on the engine first and see if there's places somewhere to screw all this crap securely in place without the hood landing on anything when I close it. And tie up all the excess wires. If it looks real mickey mouse I may not do it.
I was told the relay harness is important because it protects the cars electrical system by bypassing it completely, connecting the HID kit directly to the battery.
I'm probably going to order it tomorrow. Not going to stress on it just get someone to do it and just be around to make sure the wires are not all over the place. I think the installation will cost around $60-80. According to another member - the capacitor seems to be useless for us: http://www.civicx.com/threads/morimoto-hid-system-for-canadians-free-shipping.5661/unread
Sponsored