HID Light Shaking

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I installed Morimoto HID kit in my sport. The passenger side light shakes whenever I hit a bump on the road. Is this normal?

Joel
Sponsored

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im having the same issue and it bothers me but I didn't think it was something that could be fixed, if someone does have a fix please share!
Also is it just me or do both of your headlights point to the right as well? My driver headlight shines at the center of my lane when i'm driving and my passenger headlight shines on the line to my right or in the lane next to me.

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
I recently installed my DDM Tuning kit and mine are snug. No shaking for me. Is the rubber seal on the bulb missing or possibly thinner than the halogen one?

The only adjustments I made to mine was that I raised the driver side and lowered the passenger side after the HID install so that I had a straight line. I know the driver side is supposed to be lower for oncoming vehicles but I wanted it even.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Better make sure you installed them correctly as it sounds like they aren't seated properly.

OP
OP
cestjoel

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im having the same issue and it bothers me but I didn't think it was something that could be fixed, if someone does have a fix please share!
Also is it just me or do both of your headlights point to the right as well? My driver headlight shines at the center of my lane when i'm driving and my passenger headlight shines on the line to my right or in the lane next to me.
The Driver's side is lower than the passenger side. But, they do illuminate the middle very well. I heard that the shaking is normal and expected? I'm going to check and make sure they're seated correctly. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Also, I got the 5500k color, but to me, it has a green/yellow hue to it on the sides of the road. I might swap them out for 4500k to get a more stock look.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Driver's side is lower than the passenger side. But, they do illuminate the middle very well. I heard that the shaking is normal and expected? I'm going to check and make sure they're seated correctly. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Also, I got the 5500k color, but to me, it has a green/yellow hue to it on the sides of the road. I might swap them out for 4500k to get a more stock look.
I've taken mine out and tried to re seat them multiple times and they still shake and aren't correctly aligned

OP
OP
cestjoel

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen HID Light Shaking IMG_7343.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen HID Light Shaking IMG_7346.JPG
I've taken mine out and tried to re seat them multiple times and they still shake and aren't correctly aligned
Here is a bad picture that I took quickly. You can see the cut off is pretty good on mine. Do you happen to have a picture of yours? Maybe you can warranty them and get a new pair?

The top pic I'm at an angle and not straight into the wall — didn't have enough space lol. Also, they don't look as "green" in the pictures as they do in person.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_7343.JPG
IMG_7346.JPG

Here is a bad picture that I took quickly. You can see the cut off is pretty good on mine. Do you happen to have a picture of yours? Maybe you can warranty them and get a new pair?

The top pic I'm at an angle and not straight into the wall — didn't have enough space lol. Also, they don't look as "green" in the pictures as they do in person.
I don't have a photo of mine, but its hard to see them being not straight in a photo

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do they have a break in period for color temp? I have the 5500k and it doesn't really match my drl/fogs, was hoping they would.

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do they have a break in period for color temp? I have the 5500k and it doesn't really match my drl/fogs, was hoping they would.
My understanding is that HID bulbs do a color-shift (Upward in kelvin) after a 100 or so hours of use. Not sure how much though. Maybe someone can confirm if that's true.

I have DDM Plus 55watt 5500k HID's and they match the DRL.

Here's my comparison after install.
Honda Civic 10th gen HID Light Shaking FullSizeRender

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never had any issues with 5500K's from Morimoto. You did get the H11 base bulbs correct? Also there is always going to be that color tinge at the edge because of the way the bulbs output light.

Did you contact the place you got them from and ask about this?

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My understanding is that HID bulbs do a color-shift (Upward in kelvin) after a 100 or so hours of use. Not sure how much though. Maybe someone can confirm if that's true.

I have 55watt 5500k HID's and they match the DRL.

Here's my comparison after install.
FullSizeRender.jpg
Any issues with 55watt? Looks good. Over heat issues?

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any issues with 55watt? Looks good. Over heat issues?
No issues so far. I went with DDM's middle tier HID Plus kit. Very happy with them. Besides my daily commute to and from work during the day, the longest run time I've had with them on was a 3 hour trip. No overheating from what I can tell.

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I've had this issue since I purchased the vehicle and installed mortimotos

I had back and forth conversation with their support and even shipped me out denser gaskets.. they still shake.. I noticed that if I flick the bulb when they're on and inside the housing.. they shake..

I think it's our projectors

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe. Good thing they make a direct swap retrofit kit.
Sponsored