HID Light Shaking

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm running the DDM Ultra 55w 5500k in my lows and the basic DDM 35w 3000k in my fogs. Had them without any issues so far.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. If you do a retro you have to bake the headlights to get the glue to loosen up. But the good thing about those projectors is they are a direct swap for your stock ones. So no cutting or fitting. Just unscrew and then replace and put the screws back in.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. If you do a retro you have to bake the headlights to get the glue to loosen up. But the good thing about those projectors is they are a direct swap for your stock ones. So no cutting or fitting. Just unscrew and then replace and put the screws back in.
Why would you open your headlights and remove your projectors to install projectors?

OP
OP
cestjoel

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Why would you open your headlights and remove your projectors to install projectors?
The housings are different. The reflectors inside the HID projector are different than the halogen projectors. Which is what gives you that nice cutoff that OEM HID headlights have.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Halogen projectors are different than HID projectors. The bulbs put out light completely differently which requires different bowls.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The housings are different. The reflectors inside the HID projector are different than the halogen projectors. Which is what gives you that nice cutoff that OEM HID headlights have.
Halogen projectors are different than HID projectors. The bulbs put out light completely differently which requires different bowls.
I never knew there were different types of housings... thanks for the info guys!