hid kit not lighting up

break1205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2016
So I got the OPT7 Blitz DC Series: 35w HID Kit H11 5K

I'm having problems getting this thing to actually turn on.. I've attached a picture of my wiring layout.

I'm certain the wiring is correct. I'm also aware of the reverse polarity situation which I tried switching the positive/negative on the connector to the ballast but it's still not working. I've made sure the pins in each connector are not bent as well.. Any suggestions?

In my picture, the red/black wires are attached to my car positive battery terminal and black to ground.

Prior to this kit, I also bought the OPT7 blitz bullet HID kit. Those worked perfectly fine and the wiring setup I've had for this DC series is the exact same as my old setup. But old setup didn't even need to reverse polarize anything either, red was to red and black was to black. The reason I got this set was that one of the bulb from that kit blew after a year and a half.

Here's some reference material I've already followed

https://support.opt-7.com/929341-OPT7-HID-Conversion-Kit-Install-Guide--Manual

https://support.opt-7.com/181076-HID-Kit-DOA-Polarity--Reversed-Polarity-Explained

Honda Civic 10th gen hid kit not lighting up IMG_20180320_223524
Sponsored

Last edited:

bobvudown

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Make sure your ground wire is connected correctly.

OP
OP

break1205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2016
Thats why I just went with an LED bulb none of these insane amounts of wires, and worrying about a faulty relay and fuses and all those headaches.
Yeah i'm thinking about it.. hate mounting the ballast and all this wiring. What LEDs are you running?

I'll try out the suggestions above later tonight
Sponsored