FK7_Dylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have them on mine without any clips. Adhesive seems to be holding up really well, despite the fact that I had to take one off and reapply because I made a mistake

SonicTyphoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Purchased a set after reading this thread. Thought I’d contribute by adding some pictures.

DA9E9116-E269-498A-B894-8A2E7B2F7FBD.jpeg
Thanks for this. I had HIC visors on my previous hatch as well and had an overall good experience.

I think I may go for these over the Mugen ones for the Type R since these are much darker. How’s your experience so far?

OP
OP
jayee

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Just over a year and a half since I've had these installed. They are definitely worth the price. No fading warping or brittleness to be seen, they still look brand new. Definitely glad I went with these!

FK7mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2007 335i, 2007 GSXR600
Country flag
Thanks for this. I had HIC visors on my previous hatch as well and had an overall good experience.

I think I may go for these over the Mugen ones for the Type R since these are much darker. How’s your experience so far?
it has been about 9 months and I’m as happy with them now as I was when I first got them. No discoloration, fading, warping, or peeling.

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
So my craptastic ebay rain gaurds for my sedan are discoloring and starting to warp and fall off... I'm in the market for new ones.

My criteria is something that is:
- high quality
- all black (no silver trim at the top)
- preferably in the "Mugen" style or something similar with fluid lines instead of a blocky design like the weather tech guards

It's easy to meet 2/3 of these but I've only seen one so far the seems to check all 3 boxes for the sedan... I came across HIC USA which seems to make window guards and rear visors for a bunch of different cars. They are all black and have a nice flowing aesthetic AND they are priced at a premium price point compared to the cheapo ebay stuff. My concern is that price != quality. From doing a bit of sniffing "HIC USA" seems to be a small CA based operation that stuck "USA" in it's name to hopefully signal quality and/or attract the "Made in USA" folks but makes no mention of anything actually being made in the USA. The use of their occasional Engrish scattered throughout advertising and the extremely cookie cutter "About Us" page makes me a bit weary.

Anyway, to the point. Has anyone used HIC USA products? Are these legit?

https://www.hicusastore.com/honda-civic/side-visor-civic-16-19-4dr

DSC_0114.jpg

----------

*Update* May 20201 - Just over a year and a half since I've had these installed. They are definitely worth the price. No fading warping or brittleness to be seen, they still look brand new. Definitely glad I went with these!
How do the HIC compare to a OEM set? https://www.collegehillshonda.com/2017-2021-honda-civic-hatchback-accessories/08R04-TGG-101A.html

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
One of mine is peeling up after about 2 years. It’s not falling off, just one corner will pull up if you put your finger behind it. It’s also the side of the tape where it was pre-mounted so there was nothing I could have done better. So now I need to pull the whole dang thing off and re-tape it on. Other than that I think the HIC visors are great… but maybe go ahead and just replace the tape it comes with with something heavier duty.

OP
OP
jayee

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Hey unfortunately I can't compare since I never used the OEM set. I sold my Si in mid 2022 but over the 3 years that it was on my car they remained in great condition. I never had the peeling issues that @casper had but it can't hurt to swap the installation tape for your own 3M tape. I would also recommend using 3M adhesion promoter on the surface of your door trim prior to sticking it on.

Honda Civic 10th gen HIC USA rain guard quality? PXL_20201217_174132123
Sponsored

Last edited: