Hi Rev Sports Tail Lights

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
Buying garbage in the name of saving money. You get what you pay for. Buy real parts that have better fit and finish.
If you’re referring to the Mugen tails, trust me, they are FAR from perfect. Mine has a lens that is sealed a little bit off, leaving an inconsistent body panel gap. What’s even worse is the post purchase support I got. The dealer where I got them basically said my expectations were unrealistic and that nothing is perfect then referred me to King since that’s where they came from. Of course, King hasn’t even bothered to answer any of my emails. I almost feel like the jokes on me for spending double expecting quality and fitment only to get something that’s no better than the knockoffs.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
If you’re referring to the Mugen tails, trust me, they are FAR from perfect. Mine has a lens that is sealed a little bit off, leaving an inconsistent body panel gap. What’s even worse is the post purchase support I got. The dealer where I got them basically said my expectations were unrealistic and that nothing is perfect then referred me to King since that’s where they came from. Of course, King hasn’t even bothered to answer any of my emails. I almost feel like the jokes on me for spending double expecting quality and fitment only to get something that’s no better than the knockoffs.
I would have just returned them then bought a pair from King. King isn’t responding to you because you didn’t purchase the product from them; someone else did. They’re under no obligation to talk to you since you never purchased anything from them. The seller you bought from is being an ass though.

Edit: I'm not going to lie though, the fact that this unauthorized Mugen retailer is giving you the runaround and telling you to pound sand or contact King (who they likely know won't respond) is kind of sus...

Last edited:

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I would have just returned them then bought a pair from King. King isn’t responding to you because you didn’t purchase the product from them; someone else did. They’re under no obligation to talk to you since you never purchased anything from them. The seller you bought from is being an ass though.

Edit: I'm not going to lie though, the fact that this unauthorized Mugen retailer is giving you the runaround and telling you to pound sand or contact King (who they likely know won't respond) is kind of sus...
Yea the whole thing does leave a bad taste. I know the issue isn't with King but it just would've been nice to hear that from them rather than get ignored completely. At my job, leaving a support ticket unanswered is a straight no-no. I'll live with the tails since it was a pretty good deal but I don't wanna derail this thread any further so carry on folks...

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yea the whole thing does leave a bad taste. I know the issue isn't with King but it just would've been nice to hear that from them rather than get ignored completely. At my job, leaving a support ticket unanswered is a straight no-no. I'll live with the tails since it was a pretty good deal but I don't wanna derail this thread any further so carry on folks...
The reseller should be the one contacting King and acting on your behalf. Though that reseller likely knows that if King finds out that this happened, there is no warranty on the product anyways and all goes to hell.

If your email didn’t include the name of the person who placed the order or an order number, they can’t do anything. Further, they can’t confirm that 1) the part is real and 2) the part came from them. Note that if either (1) or (2) is not true, it looks like a scam from their perspective (I know that’s not your intent). Basically, from their eyes, if they see a lot of fishy stuff in said email, they may treat it like spam.

I really don’t trust the reseller right now. IMO, I’d contact the reseller and demand the order number for your lights. Then send a new email to King with the order number as the subject line and then talk about the tail light not fitting in the message body (nothing else, so no info about the other reseller). This is likely something King wouldn’t be able to ignore. If King can’t verify the order number or the lights, I’d assume that the reseller never ordered from King...

Ariel’sTypeR

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Sorry off topic kind of but does anyone know how to turn off the sequential lights and not have a light show LOL just want the lights to be as basic as possible

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Sorry off topic kind of but does anyone know how to turn off the sequential lights and not have a light show LOL just want the lights to be as basic as possible
It is said on their website, I think you would need to shut the car off, turn on accessory, hold brake and flash headlights three times to stop the animation and redo again to have animation, I would double check with their website though

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to relive this threas but have a question to ask y'all. So I have the smoked v2 tailights and just recently after a couple months of them installed I noticed that on the hatch sequential passenger side isnt turning on. Although the tailight itself turns on, brakes, reverse and everything the sequential part on the hatch itself does not turn on but it does on the other side. Anyone run into this issue? Ill have to remove the panel and check for connections and try a multimeter to see if its dead or not. Hopefully not.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Sorry to relive this threas but have a question to ask y'all. So I have the smoked v2 tailights and just recently after a couple months of them installed I noticed that on the hatch sequential passenger side isnt turning on. Although the tailight itself turns on, brakes, reverse and everything the sequential part on the hatch itself does not turn on but it does on the other side. Anyone run into this issue? Ill have to remove the panel and check for connections and try a multimeter to see if its dead or not. Hopefully not.
Check the connection between the hatch light and the quarter panel light. I’m guessing that long black wire that connects the two got loose.

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check the connection between the hatch light and the quarter panel light. I’m guessing that long black wire that connects the two got loose.
It did apparantly, had to reconnect the tail portion to the big part directly to I guess "jump" it. Reconnecting the black wire didnt work until I connected it directly. It works again, weird huh.

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
Having issues with mine. Installed no problem. Brake lights don’t work. Right side reverse light not coming on. LEDs work, turn signals fine, startup sequence fine. Step on brake, nothing.
Thoughts?

clam102988

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic SI , 2021 CW FK8
Country flag
Having issues with mine. Installed no problem. Brake lights don’t work. Right side reverse light not coming on. LEDs work, turn signals fine, startup sequence fine. Step on brake, nothing.
Thoughts?
Try flipping the plug. Make sure it’s well and seated. Other than that, I don’t see what it could be. My passenger reverse light I thought it was busted due to a little burnt connector from having super bright leds but turns out after switching them out, it still doesn’t work. Kinda mad

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
Try flipping the plug. Make sure it’s well and seated. Other than that, I don’t see what it could be. My passenger reverse light I thought it was busted due to a little burnt connector from having super bright leds but turns out after switching them out, it still doesn’t work. Kinda mad
So I finally got it back to the shop and they peeled it back and did the troubleshooting. The sodder (spelling) points were apparently less than good causing poor connection. The guys who worked on everything were top notch and gave it some tlc and elbow grease. Back up and running, looking good. Shout out to @krpperformance *instagram* in Ogdensburg NJ. They have some slick JDM rides there and a sick Mustang RTR on the lifts.
Sponsored