tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
QC seems piss poor on these and the Mugen... I like the look of them so I'll probably try a set of these when they're available again.
The main issues I’ve heard about on these are the electronics, fitment, finger prints (inside lens), condensation (normal), and one person saying they looked a lot darker than in the pictures. I think a couple users on here complained about turnaround time to deal with issues (mainly in stock).

The main issues I’ve heard about the Mugen have been condensation (normal) and that one with a bug inside of it (though some users have stated that they’ve had bugs go into their OEM lights on Civic coupes and sedans).

I’ve heard users of both complaining that the install for the hatch portion of the light is PITA, but again, that’s normal.
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure they're about to release the clear lens model soon
Limited quantity though, only 25. Not sure if there will be another drop or if they intend to run a larger batch. I like the smoke option they have now, looks sick on white. Very hesitant with the number of fitment issues and the fact that they constantly sell out so if you have an issue it will likely be months before you receive a replacement. Not sure why they haven't been able to ramp up more production, the demand is there.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Limited quantity though, only 25. Not sure if there will be another drop or if they intend to run a larger batch. I like the smoke option they have now, looks sick on white. Very hesitant with the number of fitment issues and the fact that they constantly sell out so if you have an issue it will likely be months before you receive a replacement. Not sure why they haven't been able to ramp up more production, the demand is there.
There's a mugen 'bootleg' (literally identical minus the etched mugen logo) on Ali express. It's weird they all look so identical. I wonder if it's the same Chinese or taiwanese factory pumping them out. HRS might just buy them and modify them for the sequential lighting. Could be a reason why supply is low and why they get fingerprints and moisture inside.

Future batches might also be low because they've got people lined up waiting for replacements.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a mugen 'bootleg' (literally identical minus the etched mugen logo) on Ali express. It's weird they all look so identical. I wonder if it's the same Chinese or taiwanese factory pumping them out. HRS might just buy them and modify them for the sequential lighting. Could be a reason why supply is low and why they get fingerprints and moisture inside.

Future batches might also be low because they've got people lined up waiting for replacements.
Hmm do you by chance have a link? I haven't seen any tail lights on there, I tend to browse every so often as a lot of these civic products are bought from there and simply rebranded. Any of those rear reflectors come right from Ali or DHGate.

That is an interesting take on them buying from Ali and modifying them. Would definitely explain finger prints. I'm curious to try this myself if they are cheap enough from Ali...

Good note on availability. That makes a lot of sense, I didn't think to put the 2 and 2 together. I found someone who might get rid of theirs, hopefully good fitment and no issues, they are just parting out.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I really didn't have any fitment issues installing mine.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I think I found them, but $350 plus $118 is a bit much.

US $384.00 20%OFF | Car Styling for HONDA CIVIC X 10th Hatchback LED tail light CIVIC LED Rear Lamp DRL+Brake Trunk LIGH
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUOf93I

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hmm do you by chance have a link? I haven't seen any tail lights on there, I tend to browse every so often as a lot of these civic products are bought from there and simply rebranded. Any of those rear reflectors come right from Ali or DHGate.

That is an interesting take on them buying from Ali and modifying them. Would definitely explain finger prints. I'm curious to try this myself if they are cheap enough from Ali...

Good note on availability. That makes a lot of sense, I didn't think to put the 2 and 2 together. I found someone who might get rid of theirs, hopefully good fitment and no issues, they are just parting out.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...68#1000022185#1000066055#0_668#3468#15614#595

oriali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
An update almost 6 months in:
Been through several touchless washes now + several heavy downpours. Can confirm no water leakage with my shortened loom (between hatch door and hatch body).

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag

this is incorrect, Mugens vs. Replicas do not come from the same factory. However, the HiRevs and their counterparts are probably coming from the same factory. Mugens are coming out of Depo factories and while they look similar their construction is different.

Some differences:
1. The reflective portion of the turn signals is wider on the Mugens, with dummy pieces on the trunk.
2. The reflective portion of the turn signals on the HiRevs are thinner/narrower (looks like a black border), and include lighting on the trunk pieces.
3. Clear (Mugen) vs Smoked (HRS).
4. Mugen/Depo wire loom exits in one hole and grommet on the backside of the tail light. HRS has 4 holes with wires.
5. Issues with HRS/like lights just probably come from their QA.
6. Mugen uses appropriate locking weatherproof connectors. Hi Rev appear to just use bulb bases to wire into the original bulb socket.

iirc i pinged HiRev a while back inqiuring whether these are from the same factory or replicas. They're replicas (and visually pretty good replicas).

Last edited:

PK1

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000, 2019 Type R
Country flag
An update almost 6 months in:
Been through several touchless washes now + several heavy downpours. Can confirm no water leakage with my shortened loom (between hatch door and hatch body).
Agree, about to be 4 months with them, no issues, no leakage nothing with Hi-Revs.
No deep scratches /spider marks like the stock tailights

Glad to hear if issues due occur the customer service is there.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone interested in Clear instead of smoke?
I have a brand new set in clear. Function exactly same as smoke, I believe it is 1st and only at this moment.
PM me if interested.. I am taking offer..

Joshly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Definitely interested in the clear ones but not too certain about QA, from previous posts. What happens if I need a part replaced? This thing is only 1 of 1 so far.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Swipe to see how bad the quality is on these with "imperfections" that magically aren't visible after install they say. :thumbsdown:

https://hirevsports.com/shop/hrs-20...UXLvRJZFtORewHcKGUgj44qKxMpeEZHqkmOy-ZoZ5Rf7U
HAH! They have so many defects they are trying to sell pairs with defects at a SLIGHTLY AND I EMPHASIZE SLIGHTLY discounted price??? This is hilarious.

80$ for imperfections... They're on crack. I'd rather pay the 80 and get "good" ones or at least the opportunity to have them replaced if there are issues. I'd pay like 200 for a set with minor defects. Maybe.

I guess when you have to shell out for replacements for people at some point it's going to catch up with the P&L.
Sponsored