JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
An update to this.

I got an email last night

I'm not happy with how they've handled this tbh, it's been a week since it was supposed to be shipped to me and I get an email saying all the side that I need are the ONE side they're missing? Pretty convenient, also a WEEK later I find out? I like the look of the lights but this is ridiculous now.
There’s a global pandemic killing people that’s slowed supply chains. In the grand scheme of things your lights are low priority.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
you know why they ran out.. cuz alot of people had issues and they sent out extras to alot of people.. thus they ran out.

LOL
That's definitely also a possibility, but I would also say that the world-wide epidemic definitely factors into it as well.

few35t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR CTR, 2010 Civic Si
Country flag
Hm, wanting to get my hands on a set, wonder how long that'll be..

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
Supply chains for everything are kind of slowed down right now for just about everything. Granted they should not have promised you a light if they didn't have it on hand to send in a week though.
There’s a global pandemic killing people that’s slowed supply chains. In the grand scheme of things your lights are low priority.
you know why they ran out.. cuz alot of people had issues and they sent out extras to alot of people.. thus they ran out.

LOL
The problem I had with it was that the promised it'd be shipped out "tomorrow" but it took a week before I got a message saying "sorry we can't because we don't have it"

I'd have no issue with it if they said that they'll check and get back to me, then a week later I got the message.

Regardless, update: I asked them if they can send out the socket because I thought that was the problem with the light. I was correct, I installed it and it works.

I'm happy that it was resolved and all is well. I am thankful that they were open to sending a part that they never discussed in their video as a potential problem which was great.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An update to this.

I got an email last night

I'm not happy with how they've handled this tbh, it's been a week since it was supposed to be shipped to me and I get an email saying all the side that I need are the ONE side they're missing? Pretty convenient, also a WEEK later I find out? I like the look of the lights but this is ridiculous now.
Yeah I contacted them a couple weeks ago and they said the same thing about May having them in stock. Makes sense to me though that they wouldn't have replacements either.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The problem I had with it was that the promised it'd be shipped out "tomorrow" but it took a week before I got a message saying "sorry we can't because we don't have it"

I'd have no issue with it if they said that they'll check and get back to me, then a week later I got the message.

Regardless, update: I asked them if they can send out the socket because I thought that was the problem with the light. I was correct, I installed it and it works.

I'm happy that it was resolved and all is well. I am thankful that they were open to sending a part that they never discussed in their video as a potential problem which was great.
Awesome thanks for the update. I plan on getting a set in the future. Will check back with you in a month or so to see how they are holding up.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys for those of you that don't know they just posted a couple days for the pre-order for the tail lights again. I just ordered them last night. Again this run is for the tinted version and I guess in June they're going to be having the clear version. Make sure that you guys put in boostedwhips coupon code to save some extra money. Code: HRSBWPZHB. I just got off the phone with Moe at Hi Rev and he said that they've been working on getting the fitment issues from the past batch resolved. I hope this next batch turns out well. I was on the fence about them being tinted at first because although I like the look I'm always concerned about cops in California giving me a hassle. This run will be smoked 50% which is a light tint.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys for those of you that don't know they just posted a couple days for the pre-order for the tail lights again. I just ordered them last night. Again this run is for the tinted version and I guess in June they're going to be having the clear version. Make sure that you guys put in boostedwhips coupon code to save some extra money. Code: HRSBWPZHB. I just got off the phone with Moe at Hi Rev and he said that they've been working on getting the fitment issues from the past batch resolved. I hope this next batch turns out well. I was on the fence about them being tinted at first because although I like the look I'm always concerned about cops in California giving me a hassle. This run will be smoked 50% which is a light tint.
Do they have the same tint level as the last batch? Most consider the last batch too dark. Looking forward to their clear version for sure.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do they have the same tint level as the last batch? Most consider the last batch too dark. Looking forward to their clear version for sure.
I think it's the same tint. But not 100% sure. As long as it wasn't smoked for me I am fine with it. I already added my own separate backup light with the Opt7 lights since those were already dim even non tinted for the reverse. I like smoke for the asthetic but two issues I have with them is decreased light output and concerns with the PoPo hassling me over them. I think the 50% tint for me is the happy medium.

One thing I noticed on these lights is the lack of pics people have provided. I found a couple Instagram pages that had some good shots and one that even was on my color car.

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
I think it's the same tint. But not 100% sure. As long as it wasn't smoked for me I am fine with it. I already added my own separate backup light with the Opt7 lights since those were already dim even non tinted for the reverse. I like smoke for the asthetic but two issues I have with them is decreased light output and concerns with the PoPo hassling me over them. I think the 50% tint for me is the happy medium.

One thing I noticed on these lights is the lack of pics people have provided. I found a couple Instagram pages that had some good shots and one that even was on my color car.
I have a video on my gram with all of the functions. If you want photos of them, put in your request and I'll take them for you. I have the smoked ones for reference.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright so I just heard back from Moe at Hirev and he said that the next shipment is the same tint color as the last.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First problem I’ve seen:
D8F62C9F-0F13-462F-8D14-70A89A21B3B5.jpeg
Installed mine and I have a similar gap on the drivers side. I'm planning on seeing if I can tweak it tomorrow to fit better. Overall a pretty easy install. I love how bright and red they light up at night. Yellow turn signals match my morimotos. And the rear backup light seems brighter than my Opt 7 clear taillights. The only issue I had was I was missing the rubber tube that was mentioned in the install video. Did you other guys with these lights receive the rubber tube?

Last edited:

oriali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
I've had the HRS taillights since they released their first batch (medium smoke). Installed them mid-March, and here are my thoughts after having them on for 3 months:

- Fitment for the main taillight pieces are fine/great
- Hatch/wing sequential sections are mostly fine. The biggest issue I had was a missing washer nut from the drivers side hatch light. They sent me just the nut after I contacted them via Messenger (which I had a hell of a time screwing on by hand) but even with the nut the fitment was awful (clear gap betwen bottom of light and hatch body). They agreed to send me a replacement - I just recently received it and will attempt to install and hope for better fitment
- Both the hatch and 'main' taillight utilize 1 less clip than the OEMs. It's sufficient to hold the lights in place, but would have been nice if it the clips were all a 1-for-1 replacement
- I echo the same thoughts that these are basically Mugen taillights, with worse QA and full sequential functionality, for 1/2 (or less) of the price
- QA definitely can be improved. Examples: 1 of my hatch lights had light swirl marks; the hatch light fitment could be better (see my point above); you can clearly tell where they cut the lens from the mould from the edges - some edges show clearly more abrasion (if you inspect really really closely infront of the car, you can see minor imperfections along the edges of the hatch lights. But it doesn't affect me personally)
- Customer service is refreshing to deal with

Oh and, despite following the install guides - using a wire loom of the length suggested (to hide the hatch light wires) resulted in water leaking in during a touchless car wash. Seems to only be a problem when water is sprayed directly ontop of the hatch section, with force (I don't expect even heavy rain to cause any issues).. I had to cut my wire loom way down, which reduced the frequency/chance of water getting in (even with high pressure water spraying down). Definitely looks a little uglier, but function over form for me. Will have to see how this holds up in the winter...

Overall, happy with the purchase since I've always wanted sequential taillights. Fitment is fine, QA is adequate but can be improved, cool startup animation, nice styling even with only DRLs on, and they are more than bright enough even with medium smoke.

I do wish there were more "actual brake lights" - they are 2 sets of LEDs per side which do the job (bright, impossible for other drivers to not notice you are braking) - but they are nowhere as prominent like the lobster claws in presence on the OEM hatch lights.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Installed mine and I have a similar gap on the drivers side. I'm planning on seeing if I can tweak it tomorrow to fit better. Overall a pretty easy install. I love how bright and red they light up at night. Yellow turn signals match my morimotos. And the rear backup light seems brighter than my Opt 7 clear taillights. The only issue I had was I was missing the rubber tube that was mentioned in the install video. Did you other guys with these lights receive the rubber tube?
I have the first set and the wire loom came seperately that I purchased from amazon.

I've had the HRS taillights since they released their first batch (medium smoke). Installed them mid-March, and here are my thoughts after having them on for 3 months:

- Fitment for the main taillight pieces are fine/great
- Hatch/wing sequential sections are mostly fine. The biggest issue I had was a missing washer nut from the drivers side hatch light. They sent me just the nut after I contacted them via Messenger (which I had a hell of a time screwing on by hand) but even with the nut the fitment was awful (clear gap betwen bottom of light and hatch body). They agreed to send me a replacement - I just recently received it and will attempt to install and hope for better fitment
- Both the hatch and 'main' taillight utilize 1 less clip than the OEMs. It's sufficient to hold the lights in place, but would have been nice if it the clips were all a 1-for-1 replacement
- I echo the same thoughts that these are basically Mugen taillights, with worse QA and full sequential functionality, for 1/2 (or less) of the price
- QA definitely can be improved. Examples: 1 of my hatch lights had light swirl marks; the hatch light fitment could be better (see my point above); you can clearly tell where they cut the lens from the mould from the edges - some edges show clearly more abrasion (if you inspect really really closely infront of the car, you can see minor imperfections along the edges of the hatch lights. But it doesn't affect me personally)
- Customer service is refreshing to deal with

Oh and, despite following the install guides - using a wire loom of the length suggested (to hide the hatch light wires) resulted in water leaking in during a touchless car wash. Seems to only be a problem when water is sprayed directly ontop of the hatch section, with force (I don't expect even heavy rain to cause any issues).. I had to cut my wire loom way down, which reduced the frequency/chance of water getting in (even with high pressure water spraying down). Definitely looks a little uglier, but function over form for me. Will have to see how this holds up in the winter...

Overall, happy with the purchase since I've always wanted sequential taillights. Fitment is fine, QA is adequate but can be improved, cool startup animation, nice styling even with only DRLs on, and they are more than bright enough even with medium smoke.

I do wish there were more "actual brake lights" - they are 2 sets of LEDs per side which do the job (bright, impossible for other drivers to not notice you are braking) - but they are nowhere as prominent like the lobster claws in presence on the OEM hatch lights.
Funny you and I have pretty much the exact same experience with these lights. I noticed now after having them installed 3-4 months, that the Pass 1/4 panel mounted taillight does not sit perfect and causes tension on corner edge of the light, which is causing it to rub against the body and now missing some paint. Other side seems to fit perfect.
My main gripe when first installing, was also the fitment on the Drivers Hatch light which fit like shit.
Also on mine you can clearly tell where the housing was cut from the mold as it is not clean on when opening up the hatch.
After a touchless car wash, I looked behind me while driving away and saw water dripping, I pulled over, opened the trunk and a whole bunch spilled out, but i think thats because the wire loom was sitting in between the two weatherstrips (Body and hatch) which caused the leak. I adjusted the loom and havent had the issue since.

I contacted HRS right away after installing to complain about the drivers side hatch and finally just the other day I received my replacement hatch light. Now I have to get around to installing it.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the first set and the wire loom came seperately that I purchased from amazon.

Funny you and I have pretty much the exact same experience with these lights. I noticed now after having them installed 3-4 months, that the Pass 1/4 panel mounted taillight does not sit perfect and causes tension on corner edge of the light, which is causing it to rub against the body and now missing some paint. Other side seems to fit perfect.
My main gripe when first installing, was also the fitment on the Drivers Hatch light which fit like shit.
Also on mine you can clearly tell where the housing was cut from the mold as it is not clean on when opening up the hatch.
After a touchless car wash, I looked behind me while driving away and saw water dripping, I pulled over, opened the trunk and a whole bunch spilled out, but i think thats because the wire loom was sitting in between the two weatherstrips (Body and hatch) which caused the leak. I adjusted the loom and havent had the issue since.

I contacted HRS right away after installing to complain about the drivers side hatch and finally just the other day I received my replacement hatch light. Now I have to get around to installing it.
Okay thanks for the feedback. I think I have an idea now how I am going to run my wires instead of using the loom they mention using. And again I plan to see if I can make better fitment. Overall though I like the look and function of these.

Edit; I ended up just wiring it through the main wiring loom leading into the hatch and it looks way cleaner and I don't have to worry about it leaking.
Sponsored

Last edited: