TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So after further inspection there are fingerprints inside the lens I’m guessing it was from when they were putting it together. Anyone else having this issue? I’ve message them on Instagram and here’s what they had to say... rushing a product and this was the end result. ‍♂ Love the taillights though, def could use some improvements.

DC040414-DF6A-4A1C-8190-722600D63B6B.jpeg

8DE6F7EE-1781-4E98-8843-90D48325D199.png
interesting. I will have to go home and truly inspect my lights. I barely took them out of the box, I dont want to damage them before they can even get on the car. Installing this weekend! SUper pumped!
Sponsored

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Bumper lights I put on are separate from these lights. Got them on ebay.

OP
OP
frtorres87

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Within an hour of posting my set up for sell someone bought them. I might’ve been fortunate in the fact that there was no issues at all with my set, they fit perfect, worked perfect, definitely didn’t have finger prints, but they were just to dark for my taste. Great lights non the less.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
installed this weekend. Install was seamless. I did see a couple of minor issues. the drivers hatch light fits like shit and the inside of the left taillight that hides underneath the decklid, has some sort of messy cut mark or molding mark. Other than that, I do love the lights.

Piece of advice, for those using the wire loom i used some strip calk to keep it down, water tight, and in place under the hatch.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Mine had the same cut/molding mark on both hatch lens pieces r the very bottom

installed this weekend. Install was seamless. I did see a couple of minor issues. the drivers hatch light fits like shit and the inside of the left taillight that hides underneath the decklid, has some sort of messy cut mark or molding mark. Other than that, I do love the lights.

Piece of advice, for those using the wire loom i used some strip calk to keep it down, water tight, and in place under the hatch.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
**Contacted HRS about the shitty fitment on the hatch light. They responded quickly via FB messenger and told me to shoot an email over with some supporting photos. So i did so, and they told me they will get back to me as soon as they can to rectify my issue. So far a thumbs up to HRS customer service.

CalebC

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
**Contacted HRS about the shitty fitment on the hatch light. They responded quickly via FB messenger and told me to shoot an email over with some supporting photos. So i did so, and they told me they will get back to me as soon as they can to rectify my issue. So far a thumbs up to HRS customer service.
Did they ever get back to you on this? I'm having the same issue.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Did they ever get back to you on this? I'm having the same issue.
Yes they have so far been extremely accommodating. I sent over the email with the support photos of the issues I am having, and they said they will happily replace the hatch light for me, they just have to wait for the next batch of lights to come in which should come in with the next preorder shipment. They said they will send one out accordingly.

CalebC

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Anyone else having any issues? They’re saying they haven’t had any complaints.
Not with fingerprints, but the fitment is off on the drivers side.

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The functionality looks better but knock offs typically don't have the quality or longevity of Mugen.

Good luck!

From what I've seen on here it's Mugen that lacks quality. Mostly a moisture issue meaning bad seals and it lacks the wing function. HRS seems to be a better deal than the Mugen.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
From what I've seen on here it's Mugen that lacks quality. Mostly a moisture issue meaning bad seals and it lacks the wing function. HRS seems to be a better deal than the Mugen.
Even the stock lights have the moisture issues. HRS already admitted to rush ordering their first batch which resulted in fingerprints on the inside of the lenses, fitment issues, etc. The fact that these sorts of incidents are passing through QC kind of says something. Only time will tell how both of these will last, though if I were to wager on which one would last longer I do know where I'd put my money.

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
Anyone else having any issues? They’re saying they haven’t had any complaints.

I tried installing mine and couldn't get the passenger side brake and animation to work at all (the driver side had no problems at all). I did everything in their troubleshooting video and even went back and forth with support. I was told last week that they'll be shipping out new lights and i'll have to return the old one. We shall see what happens when it comes in.

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
I tried installing mine and couldn't get the passenger side brake and animation to work at all (the driver side had no problems at all). I did everything in their troubleshooting video and even went back and forth with support. I was told last week that they'll be shipping out new lights and i'll have to return the old one. We shall see what happens when it comes in.
An update to this.

I got an email last night

Hello Javid,
We regret to inform you that we are completely out of stock on the tail lights until mid May. We were going to send you a replacement but upon checking we have the driver side lights only and the defect you have is on the pax side.
At this point, you can either wait for the replacement or return the lights for a full refund. Please let us know. We really apologise for the inconvenience.
Best.

MK

I'm not happy with how they've handled this tbh, it's been a week since it was supposed to be shipped to me and I get an email saying all the side that I need are the ONE side they're missing? Pretty convenient, also a WEEK later I find out? I like the look of the lights but this is ridiculous now.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
An update to this.

I got an email last night

I'm not happy with how they've handled this tbh, it's been a week since it was supposed to be shipped to me and I get an email saying all the side that I need are the ONE side they're missing? Pretty convenient, also a WEEK later I find out? I like the look of the lights but this is ridiculous now.
Supply chains for everything are kind of slowed down right now for just about everything. Granted they should not have promised you a light if they didn't have it on hand to send in a week though.
Sponsored