burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Well. This does it for me. Not buying it. $1600 and without labor and doesn’t even lower the car. Such a waste. IMO

2CFC735E-CE71-4FF5-B692-F28553E019A3.jpeg
Def not worth the 1600!
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
IMG_5349.jpg

It's official, it comes with preassembled front struts and springs, rear springs, rear shocks, damper control unit, miscellaneous nuts and bolts.
That's good to know; thanks. Makes it a little more worth the price (although still a bit high, given that the labor will likely be a lot as well)
Where does that screenshot come from?

As for lowering -- to me personally (others' mileage will of course vary; it's all good), the slight improvement in handling it would provide isn't worth the increased worry about scraping things when going over speed bumps and steep driveways on a daily basis... Very happy with its current height, seems like a great balance between handling and everyday practicality.

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
$1600 is a lot, but on the 8th gen it was available for like $400 after a while on ebay. This system will probably never come down to that price because of the active bits, but time will tell :)

The thing I am worried about is if it is too stiff in sports mode for daily driving, I am usually in sports mode because I like the steering better. I think a .5-1" drop would be okay and wouldn't mind stiffer suspension for spirited driving.

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
That's good to know; thanks. Makes it a little more worth the price (although still a bit high, given that the labor will likely be a lot as well)
Where does that screenshot come from?

As for lowering -- to me personally (others' mileage will of course vary; it's all good), the slight improvement in handling it would provide isn't worth the increased worry about scraping things when going over speed bumps and steep driveways on a daily basis... Very happy with its current height, seems like a great balance between handling and everyday practicality.
No labor times yet. If I had to guess it'll be 2.5hrs and up depending on the dealer. Last time an HFP suspension was offered for the Civic was in 2013. That labor time started at 2.2hrs. If you can barging with the dealer at 3hrs with an alignment it wouldn't be that bad of a deal.

I'm on the camp that wanted at least an 1". Recently Honda has been conservative with their ride height. The 2018 Fit HFP suspension only lowers the vehicle 10mm. We need them to go back to the 8th gen lowering specs, that was about an inch all around.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Ya. It’s way overpriced for what it offers. The 8th gen HFP package was the type of setup that should have been offered.

What a waste. $1600 plus labor for a slightly stiffer ride? Forget it.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
i don't recall lowering something
Ya. It’s way overpriced for what it offers. The 8th gen HFP package was the type of setup that should have been offered.
I do wish that would have been offered for other civic trims, a reasonably priced HFP kit. Sadly, the only options offered so far are, as I interpret it, cosmetic non-functional parts.

Agreed the Si HFP kit is a lot of money and brings into question the value of their products as a whole. in the past, I thought of their products as a very fair value.

AMGSiR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan (CBP)
Country flag
Sitting at the dealer waiting for my oil change to be done.. an hour after they said it would be done...

Parts Dept just told me kit isn't available for 2017 cars.. and only sold as complete kit.

As an experienced parts guy.. I hate being on the other side of the counter... Lol

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Sitting at the dealer waiting for my oil change to be done.. an hour after they said it would be done...

Parts Dept just told me kit isn't available for 2017 cars.. and only sold as complete kit.

As an experienced parts guy.. I hate being on the other side of the counter... Lol
Just give them the part # for only the damper/spring/module kit :
08W60-TBF-100
It should ring up around $1,600USD at any Honda parts counter. It is confirmed for 2017/2018 Si coupe and sedan.

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
I previously had a ‘13 si sedan and bought the hfp suspension package for that car. Feel was very close to stock while dropping the car around 1 inch all around. I’m in my mid 30’s and loved that the car retained its stock ride quality but was able to handle corners so much better when pushed. I’m thinking this new HFP suspension is similar without dropping the car. I get why some don’t like the fact there is no change in ride height as a lower car absolutely looks nicer period. If the handling is improved however, I would love to drive a stock Si and compare one with the HFP suspension to really see if it’s worth the price tag even without the ride drop. I’ll reserve judgement until we get a thorough review hopefully sooner than later.

***edit - Actually just read Andrews review of the HFP suspension and I would have to say that going off of that this seems like a great option. Yes it’s a bit pricey, but it comes with a warranty and it’s engineered by Honda. I’m sure a lot R&D went into it and if cost is an issue, just get some tools out and do it yourself. I’m no mechanic myself and somehow managed to install the HFP suspension kit, all of it, by myself just by following the instructions that came with it. After that just take it for an alignment and you’re set.
Sponsored