HFP Sport Suspension doesn't fit 2018 Si?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Called a Rhode Island Honda dealer to get a price on the HFP Sport Suspension. They told me it doesn't exist for the 2018 Si. I gave them a part number I got from the College Hills Honda Website, Part # 08W60-TBF-101, they said that is for the 2019-2020 Si, but it doesn't fit the 2018. I asked why not, but they didn't know. Anyone know what the problem here is?

I checked another website, which also says it doesn't fit.
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genui...c&Year=2018&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=4,11;et=2,8)
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The original part number for the release version was 08W60-TBF-100. The 101 implies it's a new version, and I'd guess there were minor tweaks to something or other.

I'd just buy the new part and install it.

College Hills Honda even notes it replaces the original part.

Honda Civic 10th gen HFP Sport Suspension doesn't fit 2018 Si? Screenshot_20200728-075131

Edit: Hmm, for some reason parts websites don't show fitment for 2017 or 2018 for either the old or new part. The original part most definitely fit them, so I am mildly confused at how they can bungle the part fitment like that.

If you download the 2018 version of the instructions from college hills honda, you can clearly see the original part number indicated for install on a 2018 despite the part fitment listed on parts websites.

I assume it's just a mistake in the database for the parts from Honda.

Last edited:
OP
OP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. According to the hondapartsnow website neither part number fits my 2018. The kit includes an electronic control module. My fear is that is not compatible with the electronics in my car. Also, I was going to ask the dealer to install it.

I want to upgrade my suspension. I don't want the car lowered and I like the idea of modes, switching it on and off. Seemed like a good choice.

Can anyone confirm it works with a 2018 US model Si?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. According to the hondapartsnow website neither part number fits my 2018. The kit includes an electronic control module. My fear is that is not compatible with the electronics in my car. Also, I was going to ask the dealer to install it.

I want to upgrade my suspension. I don't want the car lowered and I like the idea of modes, switching it on and off. Seemed like a good choice.

Can anyone confirm it works with a 2018 US model Si?
If you're going to install it yourself and you want to buy it from College Hills Honda, I'd call College Hills Honda and talk to them. They can verify it should fit and work with a 2018. Maybe they can tell you what was updated from the original part number, too.

Personally, if I was prepared to buy it, I'd just buy it. (But I'm willing to take that risk) I guarantee the original part number (100) that the parts websites now say doesn't fit, fit. There are at least a half-dozen people that have been on the forums with 2017 or 2018 MY with the original kit.

I do all my own work, though, so you'll have to figure out if you're going to have trouble with the dealer refusing to install it because the computer says it doesn't fit.

Their statement that the kit doesn't exist for the 2018 is pure bullshit because they are just looking in the computer and parroting what it says with no real knowledge about the parts or cars.

Edit: The dumbest part about the entire situation is this is something you would normally contact the company directly about and get them to resolve the incorrect fitment information and inform the dealer. But from experience, Honda corporate will just tell you they don't have that information (LOL WHAT, THEY ENGINEERED THE DANG THING) and that you have to contact the dealer.

Still, if you want to guarantee everyone has the information about correct fitment and minimize trouble with the dealer doing your install, you could try to contact Honda corporate and make them update the information.

Last edited:
OP
OP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Good idea. I called College Hills Honda. He said "Honda does not retro-fit parts." He also said, "we've done our research, and it does fit."
So I guess Honda changed something, creating a new part number, and by Honda policy, they won't say it fits any earlier model cars.
I will probably buy this, but installing it is beyond my tools and abilities. I'll try to find a local independent shop to do the work.
Sponsored