HFP Front Lip - Center Mount - What's your rework solution?

Verdingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si HFP, infiniti Q60S
Country flag
Don't see why there's a lot of fuss on this. It's obvious that 3M tape will not hold this over time. Highway speeds and car washes will eventually pop it loose. I just used a few flanged self-tapping screws and it sits perfect now. Took about 5 minutes to repair.

Honda Civic 10th gen HFP Front Lip - Center Mount - What's your rework solution? front li
Sponsored

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
So my solution in the end was simply to extend the length of 3M adhesive tape I used to secure the center portion. Instead of the 2" or so piece I used about 12" across the center. It has been secure for several months now.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I just installed mine a few days ago. I remembered some of you guys complaining about it sagging in the middle over time so when I was done installing it as per the instructions, I drilled some small holes behind the mesh grill and into the lip and used zip ties to secure the center part of the lip. Can't see it from the front and its nice and tight.

Omggitsdavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Use some adhesive prompter. Basically a chemical that helps the adhesive. That shit makes the double side tape stick like crazy! But of course use screws as well. Adhesive prompter should solve the sag.

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want to add this spoiler to my car. The dealer quoted me $320 for the spoiler and installation, which means their on the hook for any problems while the car is under warranty.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I want to add this spoiler to my car. The dealer quoted me $320 for the spoiler and installation, which means their on the hook for any problems while the car is under warranty.
That’s not a bad price for the part and installation, the install took me some time to do. Have to remove the entire front bumper. For $320 installed no brainer.
Sponsored