HFP Drilled/Slotted Rotors

SonicDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6 M/T
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Was looking into HFP parts for my Hatchback Sport and I saw that CollegeHills has the brake rotors listed on their website. Any info on these? Worthy upgrade..I'm hoping to do mild mods to my hatch sport( brake rotors/type r sway bars/HFP drop if they end up making one for the hatch Sport) and wanted some opinions and see what you guys thought.

Heres a link to HFP stuff
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ca...fset=0&Offset=0&Per_Page=8&Sort_By=disp_order
Sponsored

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
Interesting. I wonder if they are larger diameter then stock.

ncrx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan Touring CVT
i wouldnt bother with the rotors.

the five non power related items i'd do

1. tires (conti extreme contact sports or bridgestone re71r or nexen sur4g in stock size)
if willing go to a wider wheel like a 17x8 - 8.5 inch rim, then 235/245 wide tires
2. brake pads ( g-loc r6 or carbotech ax6, or their street only compounds)
3. type r rear sway bar
4. anything that adds front camber
5. si rear springs (if wanting to stay stock ride height as they have slightly higher spring rate)

Brenster2223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BNP Civic Touring (RIP), 2018 BNP Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm having the worst time of my life trying to get these damn rotor screws out. Just keep stripping the heads. Should I just drill them out, and leave em out?

ncrx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan Touring CVT
pad deposit or actual warping. there is a difference
stock pad for track day will do it

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i wouldnt bother with the rotors.

the five non power related items i'd do

1. tires (conti extreme contact sports or bridgestone re71r or nexen sur4g in stock size)
if willing go to a wider wheel like a 17x8 - 8.5 inch rim, then 235/245 wide tires
2. brake pads ( g-loc r6 or carbotech ax6, or their street only compounds)
3. type r rear sway bar
4. anything that adds front camber
5. si rear springs (if wanting to stay stock ride height as they have slightly higher spring rate)
1. The Michelin Pilot Super Sport offers better handling, steering response and more desirable dry and wet grip. Continental's ExtremeContact DW provides a slightly softer ride than the Michelin Pilot Super Sport and a slower steering response as a result.
2. Brake pads sometimes are the only way to improve braking power. Some say StopTechs are good, some say Carbotech... I personally like EBC Green Stuff
3. Good choice :)
4.Running more rear camber will reduce rotation and, most likely, increase understeer.
Also, running less front camber will, most likely, cause the car to push more through the turns too.
Others with more racing knowledge can probably explain that better then me.
5. Lower rear with stiffer springs and keep front softer stock springs? Don't think this is a good idea
if you lower your car or use stiffer spring on one side and have it the same drop front and back the weight will transfer from the front to the back causing your car to squat more and lifting the front of your car, causing your tires to have less weight on them therefore losing traction

ncrx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan Touring CVT
1. The Michelin Pilot Super Sport offers better handling, steering response and more desirable dry and wet grip. Continental's ExtremeContact DW provides a slightly softer ride than the Michelin Pilot Super Sport and a slower steering response as a result.
2. Brake pads sometimes are the only way to improve braking power. Some say StopTechs are good, some say Carbotech... I personally like EBC Green Stuff
3. Good choice :)
4.Running more rear camber will reduce rotation and, most likely, increase understeer.
Also, running less front camber will, most likely, cause the car to push more through the turns too.
Others with more racing knowledge can probably explain that better then me.
5. Lower rear with stiffer springs and keep front softer stock springs? Don't think this is a good idea
if you lower your car or use stiffer spring on one side and have it the same drop front and back the weight will transfer from the front to the back causing your car to squat more and lifting the front of your car, causing your tires to have less weight on them therefore losing traction

1. the conti extreme contact sports which came out this past year, are better than the old michelin pss by far. you would need to compare the conti ecs to the new michelin ps4s but they dont come in smaller sizes. i've tested the conti ecs on a 550hp rwd car at autocross in near freezing temps in the rain, they're magical.
2. ebc greens dust heavily and wear quickly, but they are inexpensive. i've driven on hawk dtc30,60, blues, blacks, hps, hp+ , ebc green yellow red, porterfield r4s, gloc r6, r8, r10, carbotech bobcats, ax6, xp10, xp12, a bunch of wilwood compounds
4. dunno why you think im saying to run more negative rear, you should run more negative front camber
5. the si spring is no lower than the non si rear spring it does however have a higher spring rate to bring the rear spring frequency up. if you havent driven a fwd car with a lot of rear frequency, then you should try it before you comment on it.
Sponsored