Awhkawawa

First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had a shop install an FX350 on my si maybe 500-700 miles ago because the stock clutch gave out pretty quick which I just assumed was because of the previous owner beating her up so I figured Id upgrade. But now its already slipping. And Im not too keen on spending 900+ on a new clutch+installment. Just wanna know if there may be another issue I may be blind too or if i just chose a really bad clutch
Sponsored

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I had a shop install an FX350 on my si maybe 500-700 miles ago because the stock clutch gave out pretty quick which I just assumed was because of the previous owner beating her up so I figured Id upgrade. But now its already slipping. And Im not too keen on spending 900+ on a new clutch+installment. Just wanna know if there may be another issue I may be blind too or if i just chose a really bad clutch
I'd take it back to the shop that did the install and have them check it out.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd take it back to the shop that did the install and have them check it out.
This is probably your best bet. Unfortunately we have seen lots of problems reported with the FX series of clutches. They seem to be hit or miss, but are best avoided at this point. If you do end up replacing it, I would be sure to pick something else.
Sponsored