JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
Hi all,

Just recently got my KTuner V2.

How do I setup valet mode? Is there a flash for it or is there parameters I can adjust for it so on the fly switching I can switch to valet mode before I turn it into any shop?

I came from a 370z with UpRev so I usually wouldnjist set it not to rev past 2.5K and was able to map switch. But this doesn’t look like I can set another map or setting in the general without it affecting the current or main settings. Please help.

Another question. Why aren’t we able to check the fuel cut or ignition cut in the two step or main parameter adjust? Do we not have that option for 2017 Civic Si’s and why not? I thought we’d have full control with the V2 another the other version.

Can kTuner please chime in on that part? I’d like to be able to have control to that.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you setup the map switching tune 1 with factory settings it will startup on tune 1 when the device isn't present. The device will save your preference and load it at key on if connected.

Features that don't apply to you won't be available. Nowhere is ignition cut listed as a feature for this platform.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you setup the map switching tune 1 with factory settings it will startup on tune 1 when the device isn't present. The device will save your preference and load it at key on if connected.

Features that don't apply to you won't be available. Nowhere is ignition cut listed as a feature for this platform.
I like his idea and I'm wondering would a valet mode or something of the sort be possible or would that require something more extensive than ktuner alone?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I like his idea and I'm wondering would a valet mode or something of the sort be possible or would that require something more extensive than ktuner alone?
This would be valet mode, as I mentioned.
If you setup the map switching tune 1 with factory settings it will startup on tune 1 when the device isn't present.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This would be valet mode, as I mentioned.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, when I said valet mode I meant something that would limit the car to 10mph or 2k rpm or something of the sort so that when I drop my car off at a dealership or shop I can leave it with peace of mind knowing no one is going for a joyride.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the misunderstanding, when I said valet mode I meant something that would limit the car to 10mph or 2k rpm or something of the sort so that when I drop my car off at a dealership or shop I can leave it with peace of mind knowing no one is going for a joyride.
Keep this in mind. If you were able to limit the car to 10mph or 2k rpm that would raise a serious red flag at the dealership.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Keep this in mind. If you were able to limit the car to 10mph or 2k rpm that would raise a serious red flag at the dealership.
dealership may not have been the best example to use, I was just thinking about the post of the dealership taking out the customers type r to teach someone to drive stick on.