Help With Part ID - Splash Shield?

firefox91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
Hi All, I really need some help. I have a 2019 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L. I recently parked somewhere that had parking blocks in between the spaces. When the car parked in front of me backed out, like a dummy I thought I could pull through and ran some of the underbody up on the block. Fortunately it didn't do much damage but I have a large black plastic part that could use replacement as it got busted up pretty good. I've searched multiple car part sites, this site, other sites, and even hit up my friend that works in a body shop. I just can't figure out what this part is called or what the part number is. Can anyone tell me? This isn't a picture of my car but that is the part I need. I used it because that pic was taken on a lift where you could get a really good look at it. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Honda Civic 10th gen Help With Part ID - Splash Shield? part
Sponsored

OP
OP

firefox91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No ideas from anyone? This really has been a challenge for some reason. I have an appointment with the dealer for an oil change this weekend. Hopefully I'll get the answer then.

OP
OP

firefox91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m assuming this is still valid and the whole piece must be purchased?
I ended up taking my car to the dealer for something else and asked about it. They wouldn't give me part numbers, but they wanted something like $450 to replace it. Not sure if it was just the black plastic part or the entire underbody cover. Either way I passed on that. I just ended up using some rust-proof screws to screw the plastic back in place. It's been holding up for the most part. Just recently the metal shield got past it somehow and started drooping. I was scraping on speed bumps. I got it back under the plastic and tied up again. Needles to say the underside of my car looks similar to that pic I originally posted. This is the only thing I don't like about my Civic is how low the front end is. Other than that, I've had mine for just over a year now and I love it.

OP
OP

firefox91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can order here, all prices are CDN dollar.
$12 Lower cover Plastic) and $99 metal cover
It's a good price

http://torontohondaparts.com/PartsList.aspx?model=CIVIC&year=2016&doors=4door&grade=EX_(AEP_ENG|MSS_CVT)&cat=interiorbumper&illid=19875

Engine cover.JPG
Unfortunately part# 007 is not the right one. I tried that already, about the same price too. I got a part, it just wasn't the right one. That part is much smaller than what I was looking for. I also wasn't able to figure out where the part they sent me was meant to go. I did order for my model year, 2019, so I don't know if that part is actually for another year or not.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not sure if OP is looking for the plastic, the aluminum or both, but I know people are always looking for this on its own. I'm pretty sure it fits all models, though its sometimes labeled as hatchback or type R only.

Lower Cover

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Not sure if OP is looking for the plastic, the aluminum or both, but I know people are always looking for this on its own. I'm pretty sure it fits all models, though its sometimes labeled as hatchback or type R only.

Lower Cover
Didn't know you could get the metal part separately. Nice!

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Didn't know you could get the metal part separately. Nice!
This was a very common topic on the FB pages a while back so I've had it bookmarked for a while. They've definitely dropped in price in the last year or two.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
For some reason you can only order the metal part by itself if you search for the part for a type r specifically. It's weird.
Sponsored