Help with my case! anyry with Honda America! any comments?

fuhongl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Ok, it is long story...
My 2016 civic ex blows warm air a month ago. my local dealer estimated over $1k for repair but he filed goodwill warranty request for me since I am just out of warranty for two months and very low milege 20k. It took more than 2 weeks, during which time, I relocated from NorthEast (PA) to Texas for job.

I wasn't expecting but a few days after I arrived at Texas, PA dealer called me and told me the case is approved, I pay out of pocket 150, goodwill warranty covers rest.

But I am already in Texas. So I figure the only way is to call Honda america to transfer my offer to local TX dealer.
I called honda america and opened a case. It seemed promising at first to get my warranty approved, they connected me to a local TX dealer to do the diagnosis. And then, TX dealer called me he got the part he ordered, it is so hot in Texas, I thought to fix it first, then wait to get whatever reimbursement Honda approves.
The dealer did fix the AC, and I paid $600 out of pocket to the dealer, but now Honda america saying they can't continue my case because I had the repair done.

WTF !! how does the repair done get to do with anything with their approval process? can't they just reimburse me with whatever amount they approve finally?
They keep saying the repair is not authorized, but who knows how long it will takes them to approve, in the mean time, I can't just wait around in the heat.
If they approve my original offer, can't they just reimburse me 600-150=450?
So pissed off.

my argument is there is a approved offer there in PA, just because of bad timing, I can't take the original offer and need to transfer a similar offer here in TX.
please comment which party is being unreasonable?
Sponsored

Last edited: