First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic TypeR
Country flag
Hi guys,
Seeing if anyone can help me with this, Install PRL intercooler, PRL Catless downpipe, PTP turbo blanquet, PTP downpipe cover, PRL titanium inlet pipe and PRL intercooler pipes all the same day (For that reason the question)and I have mishimoto intake wrapet in gold paper and running Ktuner full bolt on map.
The problem I have is after the couples minutes running the IAT temp goes around 125 F it goes down a bit when it runs but around 115 and it comes back and it goes up. I live in Miami and the temperature is around 92.Some times can touch 135 F and on IAt2 is like 5 degrees hotter.
Are these temperatures okay or am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Hi guys,
Seeing if anyone can help me with this, Install PRL intercooler, PRL Catless downpipe, PTP turbo blanquet, PTP downpipe cover, PRL titanium inlet pipe and PRL intercooler pipes all the same day (For that reason the question)and I have mishimoto intake wrapet in gold paper and running Ktuner full bolt on map.
The problem I have is after the couples minutes running the IAT temp goes around 125 F it goes down a bit when it runs but around 115 and it comes back and it goes up. I live in Miami and the temperature is around 92.Some times can touch 135 F and on IAt2 is like 5 degrees hotter.
The Mishimoto intake is known to heat soak ?

Edit: I should note that Mishimoto has made a post or two alluding to the fact that they are developing another intake for the FK8. This one may have better thermal properties.

Last edited:

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hi guys,
There is a lot you could do , all depends how you wrap the components and which material , there some tricks that helps a lot . If you lives in Miami hit me up. Pm for more info .

OP
OP

Cano-FK8

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic TypeR
Country flag
There is a lot you could do , all depends how you wrap the components and which material , there some tricks that helps a lot . If you lives in Miami hit me up. Pm for more info .
I just send you a PM.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Try putting back the factory heat shields on the turbo to see if it will help.

My IAT2 temp is usually 3-7F above ambient and IAT 1 is 10F hotter than IAT 2.

(IAT 2 is at the MAF and IAT 1 is the MAP which means post intercooler)

You will also want to get rid of the Mishimoto intake as it is notorious for heat soak. Try wrapping the titanium inlet in some gold tape as well.

OP
OP

Cano-FK8

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic TypeR
Country flag
Try putting back the factory heat shields on the turbo to see if it will help.

My IAT2 temp is usually 3-7F above ambient and IAT 1 is 10F hotter than IAT 2.

(IAT 2 is at the MAF and IAT 1 is the MAP which means post intercooler)

You will also want to get rid of the Mishimoto intake as it is notorious for heat soak. Try wrapping the titanium inlet in some gold tape as well.
Thanks, I did it yesterday wrap the inlet pipe and hose I will try it today becase is like driving 2 different cars between 100F and 120 F that 20 F change like 50whp I think. I let you know guys .
Thanks!

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I live in Orlando and I understand your IAT problems! First, if you’re on Ktuner IAT2 is post intercooler and IAT is MAF reading.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/iat-vs-iat2.28229/

At constant cruising speeds I’m usually 9-10 degrees over ambient with IAT2 reading. I also have Mishimoto intake w/o gold wrap. A good friend of mine is an Acura master tech and he recommended that keep my windows up and run my a/c on recirculated air instead of outside air. This will keep the condenser just a little cooler and help reduce the under hood temp.

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I stand corrected. I confirmed this to be true with Ktuner.
IAT1= post IC
IAT2= MAF

CanadianFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
thats the Si. For the Type R, IAT is at the Map and IAT2 is at the MAF
I never understood why Ktuner is like this..

Stock ECU and the IAT is the temp at MAF, and IAT2 is the temp at MAP which is the way it should be...

Is there a specific reason ktuner reads opposite?

Last edited:

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys,

Hey man, I also live in South Florida (Hollywood at the moment) But Miami prior for 5 years.

I have some important questions.... but I probably already know the answers.

Are your temps reading 115-135 on Bird Road? If so, this is normal.

Are you reading 115-135 on 95, The Palmghetto, or FL Turnpike sub 50 mph? This is normal.

I have a PRL intercooler and it gets heat soaked still pretty easily after parking, going into Publix and getting that Pub Sub, and it takes a while to cool back off unless cruising above 60 mph.

It does sound like Ktuner is a bit different than how my Hondata reads, however, I am usually around 10-12 degrees above ambient. I did a few pulls the other night, and I got beyond heat soaked. I touched 150 degrees IAT2 temps (the proper temp for Hondata to read) and 215 degrees ECT.

I stopped immediately.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Hi guys,
The this is normal. Especially during the day when the sun hits your car. I have mishimoto intake also and wrapped in tape but the issue isn’t the intake. If your car is black it will be worse. I have black and compared to my friends red car it’s way hotter. I had the afe intake before and let me tell you it’s NOT your intake causing it. The afe was just as bad. The problem is there is so little air that actually makes it to inlet before getting through the radiator or getting heated by surrounding material. Even hood open you’ll get higher iat #1 initially it’s not the intake. I’ve done hood open on dyno. Expect about a 20 degree higher iat #2 than ambient temp. Don’t believe anyone who tells you they iat2 is ambient all the time. I have a koyo rad and since my rad stays cooler all the surrounding parts like intercooler are better. Even after multiple pulls in 95 degree weather I wont surpass 195 ect ever. Think about it if your radiator is 180 all the time all the surrounding parts will heat up cause a radiator sheds heat rapidly. No heat wrap or Intake will stop that. Your getting all the air to 180 going into your engine compartment including intake air. With the koyo rad at 95 degrees out I see an engine temp of 177 cruising and rad temp of 155 or less. That’s with ac on. Ect 2 is rad temps.
I know I wrote all out of order but you get the idea. A koyo rad is 350 and it’s way bigger than stock and way cooler temps. the only way to control temps better is radiator and oil cooler. Grille will not stop overheat.
The only other way to get cooler iat is water meth but that will still make your engine run hot.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Hey man, I also live in South Florida (Hollywood at the moment) But Miami prior for 5 years.

I have some important questions.... but I probably already know the answers.

Are your temps reading 115-135 on Bird Road? If so, this is normal.

Are you reading 115-135 on 95, The Palmghetto, or FL Turnpike sub 50 mph? This is normal.

I have a PRL intercooler and it gets heat soaked still pretty easily after parking, going into Publix and getting that Pub Sub, and it takes a while to cool back off unless cruising above 60 mph.

It does sound like Ktuner is a bit different than how my Hondata reads, however, I am usually around 10-12 degrees above ambient. I did a few pulls the other night, and I got beyond heat soaked. I touched 150 degrees IAT2 temps (the proper temp for Hondata to read) and 215 degrees ECT.

I stopped immediately.
Sounds like you have inefficient cooling. I was doing pull after pull in 100F weather here in California and never saw ECT go past 190.

I would recommend looking into the C&R radiator and intercooler

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like you have inefficient cooling. I was doing pull after pull in 100F weather here in California and never saw ECT go past 190.

I would recommend looking into the C&R radiator and intercooler

Yes and no. I do have a PRL intercooler, however... I just did a series of heavy pulls... went back to the location, car sat for 5 min and did a series of heavy pulls. I fully believe I was heat soaked to begin with before the pulls.

The car didn't have time to properly cool off. My own fault.
Sponsored